What Neck Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Neck Pickup?

I vote for the wildcard: PAF Classic. I've never tried one either.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

What Neck Pickup?

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      I vote for the wildcard: PAF Classic. I've never tried one either.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
      I was actually thinking of trying them all and then maybe finding a used one in zebra on eBay or reverb.
      The PAF Classic is the only one I couldn’t do that with since they are discontinued and not really readily accessible anymore. (And I don’t want to pay more for one because of that)

But yes....the wildcard will definitely be installed for research purposes. Lol

Comment

What Neck Pickup?

Originally posted by David Garner View Post
        Honeybursts look fantastic with black bobbin pickups, but I agree they look better with double cremes, which is why I also have them in mine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104073[/ATTACH]
        That’s pretty!
        What pickups do you have in that guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          That’s pretty!
          What pickups do you have in that guitar?
          Thanks! Custom Shop Pearly Gates set.

Comment

I was actually thinking of trying them all and then maybe finding a used one in zebra on eBay or reverb.
            The PAF Classic is the only one I couldn’t do that with since they are discontinued and not really readily accessible anymore. (And I don’t want to pay more for one because of that)

But yes....the wildcard will definitely be installed for research purposes. Lol
            You can always go with an Air Classic neck in zebra as an option other than the PAF Classic. That's about the closest thing to it in their current lineup. I've used it and the bridge version before and they are excellent pickups.

Comment

Another vote for the Dimarzios, I would use either in the neck. The 36 anniversary would work with a Custom and I prefer it over a Jazz neck.
              That is not dead which can eternal lie,
              And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by David Garner View Post
                Thanks! Custom Shop Pearly Gates set.
                They did them in double cream for you? You must have gotten them a while ago?
                About 8 months to a year ago I emailed them and asked about that being a CS feature and they told me they won’t do that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
                  Another vote for the Dimarzios, I would use either in the neck. The 36 anniversary would work with a Custom and I prefer it over a Jazz neck.
                  Funny you mention the Jazz.
                  I actually have one but purposely didn’t put it on the list. I bought it as a set with a 59/C hybrid in a black chrome cover. They are just too pretty to remove the covers on. Lol

Comment

They did them in double cream for you? You must have gotten them a while ago?
                    About 8 months to a year ago I emailed them and asked about that being a CS feature and they told me they won’t do that anymore.
                    I bought them from a dealer — JMI Music. They did it for them apparently. But they were wound on November 12, 2018, so maybe they’ve stopped since then.

Comment

I have a 59 in the neck of every humbucker guitar I own, and am planning on adding it to my strat

Comment

The Rebel Yell neck is an amazingly good pickup.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

What Neck Pickup?

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                          The Rebel Yell neck is an amazingly good pickup.
                          I bought them as a calibrated set some years ago. And they are both still in nickel covers. I’d hate to remove the covers only to find black coils.
                          I know I could always re solder them back on but still....

I’ll probably end up removing the cover this weekend. Lol
                          Last edited by Gtrjunior; 04-10-2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I bought them as a calibrated set some years ago. And they are both still in nickel covers. I’d hate to remove the covers only to find black coils.
                            I know I valued always re solder them back on but still....

I’ll probably end up removing the cover this weekend. Lol
                            You can usually see bobbin colors without removing the cover if you remove the bobbin screws from the baseplate and look into the holes.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                              You can usually see bobbin colors without removing the cover if you remove the bobbin screws from the baseplate and look into the holes.
                              That would allow me to see the screw coil only though, correct?

Comment

That would allow me to see the screw coil only though, correct?
                                Not the pole screws - I'm talking about the small screws on the bottom which hold the bobbins onto the baseplate.

Comment

Working...
                                X