Those vintage 50s/60s strats in limited colors from last year or so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those vintage 50s/60s strats in limited colors from last year or so

Last year, Fender put out some 50s or 60s strats in some amazing colors. Canary Diamond, Rangoon Red, Lilac, etc...really lovely

does anyone know how they're routed? They're MIM so I assume HSH like other MIMs, but am not sure, does anyone know first hnd or have info?

Re: Those vintage 50s/60s strats in limited colors from last year or so

Originally posted by greg.delta View Post
    Last year, Fender put out some 50s or 60s strats in some amazing colors. Canary Diamond, Rangoon Red, Lilac, etc...really lovely

does anyone know how they're routed? They're MIM so I assume HSH like other MIMs, but am not sure, does anyone know first hnd or have info?
    All MIM classic series stratocasters have SSS routing.
    1988 Fender MIJ ST54 Hardtail Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
    2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Satin
    2015 Fender Road Worn '50s Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
    2018 Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Junior
    2019 Gibson Original Collection Les Paul Special
    -------
    1979 Marshall JMP 2204
    1997 Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
    2021 Epic Amplification AR50
    2022 Mojotone British 800 2204​

Comment

I'm not sure which series you're talking about. I know that Rangoon Red is a '60s Ford color (I know this because I used to have a '65 Mustang fastback that was originally that color). As far as reissues, the only thing they had last year was the Vintera line, and none of those came in abnormal colors like you are talking about. The American Original line aren't "reissues" any more – but close. They use modern fretboard radius and frets.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
        I'm not sure which series you're talking about. I know that Rangoon Red is a '60s Ford color (I know this because I used to have a '65 Mustang fastback that was originally that color). As far as reissues, the only thing they had last year was the Vintera line, and none of those came in abnormal colors like you are talking about. The American Original line aren't "reissues" any more – but close. They use modern fretboard radius and frets.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	013100036301310023790131000317013100231401310003740131002316v1_me.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	5818705

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guitar....casters/%3famp

Comment

Originally posted by greg.delta View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200411-142557_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	5818706

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post
            That article is dated August, 2015. So they must’ve been model year 2016 instruments. That’s four years ago, not “last year.“

That means they are Classic Series. Classic Series instruments are routed as re-issues usually are: pretty much vintage correct.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

That line was interesting. I almost pulled the trigger on a Lilac 60's or Apple Green 50's, but I already have a Classic 50's Strat - so I decided to pass at the time. But I kinda wish I had gotten one now..

Comment

Working...
              X