Dimebag Dixie Rebel vs Razorback Rebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag Dixie Rebel vs Razorback Rebel

Anyone know what the proper name is for the dixie rebel style guitar by dean?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	b4olfjzfxxlhlxxjsrow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	5853735

Has Dimebag ever played a razorback?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B000K6B1F2-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	5853736

Anyone have any experience with either of these guitars?
    Which style do you prefer and why?
    I like the dixie rebel style but I see its discontinued & as always I have regrets not picking it up when I first saw it some years ago but money talks. lol! Just couldnt afford one at the time.

I had an old washburn like the dixie rebel & found it to be quiet large. I would assume the its just like it with some tapered points?

Re: Dimebag Dixie Rebel vs Razorback Rebel

i always assumed the dixie rebel was just a slightly modified ml, never seen that shape on anything else

Comment

Dean Dimebag Dixie Rebel is the official name.

I haven't played one, but I've owned a handful of razorbacks. Those are the biggest guitars ever!
      They play well but they are huge.

I've owned a dozen ML's too, much more comfortable to play and they were all great players.

I've always thought the dixie rebel was more like a stealth than an ml.... But it's kind of like both.

The razorback was designed with Darrell, but he never played one on stage, the model was released after he passed.
      Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-08-2020, 09:50 PM.
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

And that is all I have to say about that.

Social commentary:

If you are a racist, get one. All of your skin head Nazi surf punk musician friends will know. All 3 of them.

If you are not a racist - definitely get one. It is up to you to decide what you think that flag stands for. It's amazing how the language/cultural police can co-opt a word, phrase or image, yet no one else can.

My entire life, all that flag ever meant was red neck, beer guzzling, hunting, fishing, four wheel drive pickup in a bog on a Saturday party time in the south. I grew up in Pennsylvania and love the Duke's of Hazard. If Kapernick can decide that the 13 Star flag is racist, you can decide the Stars and Bars are not.

I will judge you on your playing and your actions. Not the paint on your guitar, your shirt, or anything else.
        Last edited by Aceman; 04-09-2020, 07:07 AM.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          And that is all I have to say about that.

Social commentary:

If you are a racist, get one. All of your skin head Nazi surf punk musician friends will know. All 3 of them.

If you are not a racist - definitely get one. It is up to you to decide what you think that flag stands for. It's amazing how the language/cultural police can co-opt a word, phrase or image, yet no one else can.

My entire life, all that flag ever meant was red neck, beer guzzling, hunting, fishing, four wheel drive pickup in a bog on a Saturday party time in the south. I grew up in Pennsylvania and love the Duke's of Hazard. If Kapernick can decide that the 13 Star flag is racist, you can decide the Stars and Bars are not.

I will judge you on your playing and your actions. Not the paint on your guitar, your shirt, or anything else.
          Indeed. Here it doesn't really have those connotations, but is considered just as "Rock'n'roll rebel" flag.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Thanks fellas. Maybe Ill search around for Dixie Rebel ML. Wish they would've kept it on the market longer. Always happens to me. lol!

Comment

Working...
            X