Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Tone - Bridge and Neck

Hi,

I installed a while ago into my PRS SE Custom 24 a JB (Bridge) and Jazz (Neck). When selecting between the different pickup options there is no difference in tone, the 2 selected together are more fuller than just the bridge but the neck on its own sounds exactly the same as the bridge. Should it be like this or is there something fundamentally wrong. I've checked the wiring and its all wired correctly so I'm really unsure.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Chris

Re: Pickup Tone - Bridge and Neck

No way the neck should sound the same as the bridge.

Number one - confirm it is actually on by tapping on the poles to make sure it somehow didn't end up Bridge/Bridge + Neck/Bridge again!

But - if it really is EXACTLY the same, freak of tone. That guitar, that JB, just happened. Might just be a ridiculously bright guitar. Try an A2P in the neck. Or just mag swap to an A2, actually...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I agree. First test to make sure what you think you are hearing is correct. Check if the right pickups are working when you switch them on. A JB and Jazz, although used together a lot, should sound vastly different.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Turn the volume down a bit and turn the gain up on your amp. Select each pickup position with your switch/knob and take a small screwdriver and lightly tap/scratch on each pickup's polepieces to make sure it is actually "on" when selected. You should be able to hear the difference when the poles are "on" or "off".

Comment

Sorry for the late response.

So I plugged into my amp and tapped the pickups and indeed both are on in the neck position on the blade switch, which is very weird because it hasn't always been like this. I'd attach a photo of my blade switch wiring but the forum won't let me . . . . .

Comment

Working...
          X