New track - See Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New track - See Me

Hey, all - once again, music is keeping me safe and sane during these self isolating days. The first instrumental written and recorded during lockdown is up at https://vincet.net/virus-child/

More on the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: New track - See Me

I really liked that!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      I really liked that!
      Thanks so much.

Comment

Guitar sounds almost like a sitar in places. Was that a note choice/compositional thing, or an effect? It's a cool sound.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Guitar sounds almost like a sitar in places. Was that a note choice/compositional thing, or an effect? It's a cool sound.
          Bit of both - the main guitar is my Jackson Surfcaster tuned CGCGCD - a tuning I really enjoy, then it’s going through tape delay (Strymon El Capistan, with some wow and flutter dialed in) and a slow harmonic trem (Strymon Flint) - all of that through the channel strip in Logic with a Leslie preamp and very slow rotation. Sounds like lots, but it’s all subtly done and combines to that sitar-ish sound. I think it’s the tuning that does the heavy lifting, though.

Comment

Yeah, I was sure that I was hearing something, but couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. Love harmonic tremolo, sounds like I need to play around with a tape delay with wow/flutter now too!
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              Yeah, I was sure that I was hearing something, but couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. Love harmonic tremolo, sounds like I need to play around with a tape delay with wow/flutter now too!
              The next track for this collection is using a LOT of tape delay x I can’t get enough of it!

Comment

Working...
              X