Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive

The Bad Monkey, as others have said, is a good little TS clone. The two-band EQ really helps shape tone, where a true three-knob TS circuit forces you to learn to like the mid bump, with a Bad Monkey you have a half-decent chance to EQ it out.

I have the evolution of this pedal, the Hardwire CM-2:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CM-02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	5818866

Base sound is similar to the Bad Monkey, but it has a bit more of both clean volume and dirt on tap. However, it's just an effect pedal, no direct out or cab sim, so if that's what interests you, Bad Monkey all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Liko View Post
      The Bad Monkey, as others have said, is a good little TS clone. The two-band EQ really helps shape tone, where a true three-knob TS circuit forces you to learn to like the mid bump, with a Bad Monkey you have a half-decent chance to EQ it out.

I have the evolution of this pedal, the Hardwire CM-2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104384[/ATTACH]

Base sound is similar to the Bad Monkey, but it has a bit more of both clean volume and dirt on tap. However, it's just an effect pedal, no direct out or cab sim, so if that's what interests you, Bad Monkey all day.
      I forgot about this pedal. It is another excellent choice, and it is seriously overbuilt, too...the switch actually is a great idea.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you play live / in a band, you like the mid bump of the TS9.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F View Post
          I had a Bad Monkey for several years and really liked the tones with it engaged. The only reason I got rid of it was the bypass. It added a glassy sterile kind of sound when bypassed. I'm not a true bypass freak and I'm not fussy about buffered bypass. I have loads of BOSS pedals and love them, but the bypass on the Bad Monkey was something I couldn't live with on my board.
          Problem solved

Click image for larger version

Name:	bypass looper ES-8-PEDAL-BOARD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	5818913
          Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Working...
          X