banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DUNCAN FORUM - help a pedal newbie out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DUNCAN FORUM - help a pedal newbie out!!!

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I still say a multi fx like a Line 6 M9 is a good investment. Lots of great sounds, and it preserves your bypass tone, too.
    I already suggested he use his current multi fx unit in the loop....pretty much the only comment he has ignored. Go figure.

Comment

Well I had a multi effects board
      And when I went tube amp
      I wanted floor pedals like everyone else

I'm not judging
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

This is what I have been using of late. The pedal off screen to the right is a weeping demon wah. The other footswitch is for my Randall amp.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
          Well I had a multi effects board
          And when I went tube amp
          I wanted floor pedals like everyone else

I'm not judging
          What I was driving at was that for no money he could set up a usable rig where he could first determine his OD needs. He would still have all of the fx available to him and as his needs evolved it would become apparent what other pedals he needs.

No argument here...I am NOT a fan of digital fx, and as such I don’t use them with my tube amps. but I am a fan of saving my money whenever possible especially when he is putting an initial board together.
          We all know how easy it is to way overspend on gear we seldom use.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
            Some modeling amps don’t take pedals as well as your friendly neighborhood tube amp.
            I don't really find that to be the case, unless it is either a cheap or old modeler.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              This is what I have been using of late. The pedal off screen to the right is a weeping demon wah. The other footswitch is for my Randall amp.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
              KEELEY: When the over-compressed sound of a Metal Zone just isn't enough!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                I already suggested he use his current multi fx unit in the loop....pretty much the only comment he has ignored. Go figure.
                Ha - no offense intended. I have had multi-fx for years... but usually I just dialed in "Aussie Rock" and then played AC/DC. I never really dove into the different sounds/pedals/effects that made up that sound. SO, with my toe in the tube amp pool (which has gone horribly wrong so far!!) I wanted to build a pedal board and have some fun. The FX board I had did allow me to turn on/off different "pedals" but you could only do 3 at a time. The first switch was the amp simulator... then I think it was OD, Atmosphere stuff and then reverb. That was it... I want to be able to play around with different effects in different orders... and, yes, I know I could probably program the board to do all that - but it is a lot easier to move pedals on a board (for me, being fairly visual).

And, I'm in a position where I can buy a few pedals and mess around.
                -=The Dali
                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                  What I was driving at was that for no money he could set up a usable rig where he could first determine his OD needs. He would still have all of the fx available to him and as his needs evolved it would become apparent what other pedals he needs.

No argument here...I am NOT a fan of digital fx, and as such I don’t use them with my tube amps. but I am a fan of saving my money whenever possible especially when he is putting an initial board together.
                  We all know how easy it is to way overspend on gear we seldom use.
                  Yes, point taken for sure!! I'm staying in the used/cheap effects arena for now
                  -=The Dali

Comment

For fun, I started out with a few Behringer pedals from SW based on the JHS video. Just a few to get my feet wet.
                    -=The Dali

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
                      Yes, point taken for sure!! I'm staying in the used/cheap effects arena for now
                      Did you decide on an amp yet? I haven’t read the entire thread, so you may have already said so....?
                      Also what types of music are you playing. What times are you looking for?

Comment

I have an Egnater Tweaker head and cab... but the head isn’t working right so trying to get it repaired/working.

Rush, classic rock, zztop, blues, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        -=The Dali

Comment

Rush means Chorus & Delay

Classic Rock, ZZ Top, and Blues at best means a spring reverb on 3
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

those Behringer pedals are a fine starting point
                            the enclosure is made for the home enthusiast
                            not the touring musician
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Isn't there an unwritten rule that all guitarists' first pedal must be a Boss of some type?

Comment

This whole idea of figuring out what you need instead of just buying shiny stuff is unacceptable in a guitar forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X