banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Amp: Bogner Shiva / Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve /Rivera Knucklehead Reverb???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Amp: Bogner Shiva / Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve /Rivera Knucklehead Reverb???

[QUOTE=muttznmongrelz;4413953]As I have sold two guitars and an amp over the last month I just said "the Hell with it" and purchased a couple of tasty tube amps and still had a few bucks left over from the proceeds of the sold items. :thumbs

*** NO COVID STIMULUS MONIES WERE USED IN THE PURCHASE OF THESE MOST DEFINITELY ESSENTIAL ITEMS ***

Bogner Shiva EL34 1x12 Silver Panel

SUPER nice amps congrats! I looked HARD at an Anniversary KT 88 Shiva head with Verb here locally before I bought the PRS Archon. Still want one of those amps at some point really nice super versatile amps!!
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-10-2020, 12:12 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Re: New Amp: Bogner Shiva / Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve /Rivera Knucklehead Reverb???

Unfortunately; the Shirva was returned. I got a decent deal on it but after I messaged about the damages seven minutes after opening the package and finding a crushed/mangled/bent three prong power cord and a tolex tear and deep thumb sized dent in the top side edge of the cabinet as if it had been whacked hard with a lead pipe then receiving a response from the Seller of "so what...doesn't affect the amp and you got a good deal on it"...basically took the attitude that "sh*t happens and it was no big deal" so it went back to the seller.

Too bad because it was clean from the pictures in the listing. I'm sure it got damaged in the 3-4 days it sat in the shop while the Seller "waited for packaging boxes to come in" to allow shipping or in the process of his shipping manager packing it for shipping as it was wrapped with heavy/thick styrofoam corners and bubble wrapped - the package was not damaged so it had to happen prior to packaging. Just kind of a crappy way to do business by either a) not disclosing pre-existing damages or b) just shipping it off anyway to see if I would accept it without disclosing.
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
      1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
      Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
      Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
        Unfortunately; the Shirva was returned. I got a decent deal on it but after I messaged about the damages seven minutes after opening the package and finding a crushed/mangled/bent three prong power cord and a tolex tear and deep thumb sized dent in the top side edge of the cabinet as if it had been whacked hard with a lead pipe then receiving a response from the Seller of "so what...doesn't affect the amp and you got a good deal on it"...basically took the attitude that "sh*t happens and it was no big deal" so it went back to the seller.

Too bad because it was clean from the pictures in the listing. I'm sure it got damaged in the 3-4 days it sat in the shop while the Seller "waited for packaging boxes to come in" to allow shipping or in the process of his shipping manager packing it for shipping as it was wrapped with heavy/thick styrofoam corners and bubble wrapped - the package was not damaged so it had to happen prior to packaging. Just kind of a crappy way to do business by either a) not disclosing pre-existing damages or b) just shipping it off anyway to see if I would accept it without disclosing.
        Bummer as those are truly wicked amps!!
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
          Exactly! Lighter/smaller will be the Shiva.

An example of what I am hoping tone-wise with the Shiva...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESIgpMNLxY
          Since the Shiva didn't work out might want to look around for a PRS Archon combo.
          Cleans on the Archon will bury the Shiva have played both amps. Crunch is a different flavor more modern thicker and liquid. Check The Emporium over at the Gear page in particular as were a couple at one time there for good prices. You will be shocked at the tones!
          Here is a good demo of the Archon and I LOVE mine!!
          Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            Since the Shiva didn't work out might want to look around for a PRS Archon combo.
            Cleans on the Archon will bury the Shiva have played both amps. Crunch is a different flavor more modern thicker and liquid. Check The Emporium over at the Gear page in particular as were a couple at one time there for good prices. You will be shocked at the tones!
            Here is a good demo of the Archon and I LOVE mine!!
            Did you go with the 6L6's or EL34's?

Comment

Ascension; I have read some good things and actually had the opportunity to play through a PRS Archon Combo last year. Definitely a cool amp but wasn't what I was looking for at the time.

TSSVA1: EL34s.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

What a royal pain in the a$$ the Shiva return was. eBay Seller "nbguitar" (Ryan Fowler's Guitar Experience) resisted the return, tried to minimize the legitimacy of damages, attempted to pressure me to retain the damaged item, stated they didn't do returns, etc. but finally agreed to accept the return with another argument ensuing over the Seller pre-funding the return shipping, which resulted in my filing a PayPal case, and then, they finally agreed to cover shipping. Go it packaged better than it was when it arrived, form fitted styrofoam corners, bubble wrap, etc. and shipped it back.

Seller receives it and sends me pictures of one of the edges split open with the wood/plywood cracked from one corner/end to the other and refuses to refund stating the damages were so minimal that he should never have accepted the return. I had already opened a case with PayPal for the return thankfully, then he opens a case with eBay and alleges that I somehow violated eBay return policy. I had already provided my pics of the damages I found when opening the package upon arrival when I submitted my PayPal case.

Thankfully, I got an e-mail notification at 12:28am Saturday morning notifying me that they had decided in my favor and that my money would be fully refunded, cost/taxes/shipping ($1,537.00 in total) and today it finally redeposited in my PayPal account. Good freakin' riddance.
                Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 05-18-2020, 01:44 PM.
                MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                1989 Charvel Sambora
                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

yeah man, what a pita. cant imagine this guy is gonna stay in business if he does crap like that too often

Comment

Hopefully I just had a miserable experience but no kudos for customer service, honest representation, honoring his word as a seller or the return policy spelled out in the auction.
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

yeah... like all the things that make a business reputable

Comment

LOL...right???
                        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Working...