Must be strong!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Must be strong!!!!

Nothing wrong with Korean made guitars. Just not worth $500. Offer $300 and prepare to pay $400. I personally wouldn't pay more than that, but it's a fair price ($400 that is).
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      i only took a quick look but the lite ash strats had those inlays. they were pretty nice guitars for sure
      I agree with the guys above, I still own one of these Special Edition Lite Ash strats and it's a pretty good guitar for sure.
      Lite ash body, two point trem, birdseye maple fretboard with abalone inlay and a set of Duncan APS-1's.
      I payed slighly above 500 euro new for mine back in the day, and I thought it was a really good price for a Strat that has the quality this guitar has.
      The headstock logo is normal for this model, they all came like that, just the Fender spaghetti logo in gold, no other text on the front of the headstock.

He may ask slightly too much for it though (even if the prices of guitars went up a lot in the last decade), but if you can get a few bucks of the price and if the guitar is in good quality, it sure is worth 400 or slightly more if you ask me. It's a pretty neat Strat with some "special" features that is worth a look into in my opinion.
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I don't want or need a Strat. Would I like one? Sure. But it would have to be an epic kliller deal. This ain't it.

I'd rather pay $200 for a killer Squire in Shoreline Gold / Rosewood and get a Duncan loaded pick guard than hassle for a deal on this one.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Good point.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Ok - so now this is back....

I'll cross reference this post with the Pickup Lounge so you understand.
              https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...k-Tele-s-to-me!

Which do you prefer? Which is better "Deal" the Strat or this Tele? Ignore Tele vs Strat style preferences. I hate them both.

Comment

And DON'T EVEN say "You know, for less than $1k you could satisfy all your Strat/Tele AND Duncan needs"

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Ok - so now this is back....

I'll cross reference this post with the Pickup Lounge so you understand.
                  https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...k-Tele-s-to-me!

Which do you prefer? Which is better "Deal" the Strat or this Tele? Ignore Tele vs Strat style preferences. I hate them both.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/msg...115591647.html
                  I'd go for the Lite Ash Strat myself, but that may be because I am more into Strats than Telecasters.
                  Nice Sperzel locking tuners on the Tele though!
                  Both seem like fine guitars to me.

But I guess if 500 is way too much for a Korean made Fender, it's too much for a Mexican made one as well, no?

Admit it Aceman, you DO want a new guitar huh?
                  "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Gas is building.....

Comment

That ash Tele is a great deal. Already set up with locking tuners and a lil 59. That’s the best body you can get for that one and the grain looks pretty straight.

Comment

I like the Strat better...because...Blackmore. And, it has 3 pickups, vs 2.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                        X