New Guy here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Guy here.

The only way I know to get a magnet from Duncan is to buy a pickup with it.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC View Post
      Dude - those guitars a Chushin Crappy. TOTAL counterfeits. Worthless cheap copies. I feel for you, in that you got totally ripped off. The "fake" Duncan was just the first sign. Tell you what - since you are new, and we kinds like you, I'll buy that from you for two - fifty, and let you recoup some of your losses. It happens man. Live and learn.

Seriously man, two-fiddy. I'm generous like that.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Dude - those guitars a Chushin Crappy. TOTAL counterfeits. Worthless cheap copies. I feel for you, in that you got totally ripped off. The "fake" Duncan was just the first sign. Tell you what - since you are new, and we kinds like you, I'll buy that from you for two - fifty, and let you recoup some of your losses. It happens man. Live and learn.

Seriously man, two-fiddy. I'm generous like that.
        Ha ha, two-fiddy might get you the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha ha, two-fiddy might get you the case.
          Had to try...
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

New Guy here.

You never know. I had a USA mahogany Jackson JJP, only about 50 made and I gave it away. It only had one humbucker. I tried to sell it and no one would give me anything for it, so I donated it to the Toby Keith foundation. When kids are in cancer treatment it gives the parents a place to stay, clean sheets, meals, etc. I check on google to see where it ended up but so far it hasn’t surfaced. It’s a shame Toby met one of my guitars and never met me, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              The only way I know to get a magnet from Duncan is to buy a pickup with it.
              I lurked around and found a SD page for custom Shop Pickups. I emailed and asked if I could purchase one from the factory. I thought I saw a magnet on StewMac but I would still want to get one from SD. I also found a page on here that showed the steps for replacing the magnet. Do factory pickups have wax in them?

Comment

I lurked around and found a SD page for custom Shop Pickups. I emailed and asked if I could purchase one from the factory. I thought I saw a magnet on StewMac but I would still want to get one from SD. I also found a page on here that showed the steps for replacing the magnet. Do factory pickups have wax in them?
                Most do. The Antiquity and Seth Lover don't, for instance. Usually the description on the individual page will tell you.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Most do. The Antiquity and Seth Lover don't, for instance. Usually the description on the individual page will tell you.
                  If I disturb the wax, will that have an effect on feedback or some other problem?

Comment

If I disturb the wax, will that have an effect on feedback or some other problem?
                    Some people re-pot them. I didn't, and I never had issues with squealing. But I don't use a ton of gain and volume, either.

Comment

As long as I have been playing, I am pretty happy with my rig. JCM800 with Sovtek EL34s, running in a cabinet with vintage 30s. I’m so close to perfect but there’s always that little bit of tweak that makes you curious.

Comment

As long as I have been playing, I am pretty happy with my rig. JCM800 with Sovtek EL34s, running in a cabinet with vintage 30s. I’m so close to perfect but there’s always that little bit of tweak that makes you curious.

I think that is the same with all of us. The trick is to remember to play rather than spend all your time chasing the last 3%.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Working...
                          X