Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT1000 vs the 500 or 200 series pedals

Hello all ,
    long time user of the GT boards going back to the GT8,10 and 100. I'm currently running all pedals with a ES-8 controller and CS12 power supply.
    I have the DD-500 and RV-500 Boss pedals and also use a Analog Waza Chorus I was thinking of adding the MD-500. But I keep thinking and wondering if the GT-1000 is a better value and sounds as good as having the pedals now. The older GT-100 and back did not. From everything I read and watched on Youtube about the GT-1000 it seems Boss finally made a all in one that can perform as good as stand alone pedals. IS that true?

Curious is anyone ever did a side by side comparison to the GT-100 vs stand alone pedals. I could care less about modeling amp and cab stuff, I only played with it on the previous boards and never really found it useful other then fooling around. The GT-1000 is supposed to be so much better there and might be a useful tool if they sound as good as they claim.

Currently running a Krank Revolution 1 original and probably gonna move to a Mesa Boogie TC-50, TC-100 or a JP2C. All have Midi control which is what I prefer. I just like the smaller form factor and less patch cords power supplies cost etc of a full pedal board vs a Multi effects unit. The DD-500 and RV-500 and then buying the MD-500 the cost alone of just those 3 pedals are about the same as buying a GT-1000 board. I have thousands of dollars into my pedal board and could sell all that grab a GT-1000 and have a much simpler setup But I don't want to give up tone or quality .

Thoughts?

Re: Boss GT1000 vs the 500 or 200 series pedals

From what I understand, the 500 series pedals are in the GT-1000, I have one but I haven't used the pedals so I can't say for sure. The price did just drop on the GT by ~$150 so it definitely looks better now. The effects in the GT are great, I'm pretty meat and potatoes on effects, but I have no complaints about the effects. I struggle with the models some, but I do that any modeler, not sure how much is tone vs option anxiety.

Comment

I'd be curious to see if this is the case. They really are updating the GT a lot these days, which is something that they didn't do a lot for older processors. Old Boss multi-fx always had a Boss 'sheen' on them, which I hear the new GT and the 500 series doesn't have. I used old Boss and Roland multi fx for years, so I am well aware of that sound.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, I just updated in the past few weeks, they added some bass amp models, and I'm sure other stuff but those was the obvious ones. I have been impressed with the number of updates for the GT-1K, of course with the price drop, hope it keeps up.

Comment

Once the dust clear with all this madness going on in the world and I'm back on my feet, I want to grab a GT-1000 and give it a full home demo. I'll probably not sell my pedals this time around as if the GT doesn't work as I would like, I can always fall back on the pedal board and move on. I do this every couple years as I just love the form factor of a all in one.

Comment

Working...
          X