banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Whoah, let's get back to what matters -Jesus' preference

And his preference is to not have false idols -and PRS puts his full name on the amp name plate....

-whereas Randall Smith chose in a name to described the topograpy of the desert environment -much like the plateaus in Ancient Judea and much like the fortress of Masada. combined with the lesson you are going to learn from the audible parable this amp is going to tell. -it boogies...

Once again Jesus pics Mesa Boogie and leaves the PRS amps to the the likes of Haman, Pharoah, Abimelich, and Herod -you know,... Blues Lawyers who commit atrocities..

Satan also pics Mesa BTW -I mean he's in the know -he used to hang in heaven.
    Jesus plays through a Metalzone. Into a Behrenger Stack.
    And he chugs.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104555[/ATTACH]
      What is that nice looking guitar, please?

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        Whoah, let's get back to what matters -Jesus' preference

And his preference is to not have false idols -and PRS puts his full name on the amp name plate....

-whereas Randall Smith chose in a name to described the topograpy of the desert environment -much like the plateaus in Ancient Judea and much like the fortress of Masada. combined with the lesson you are going to learn from the audible parable this amp is going to tell. -it boogies...

Once again Jesus pics Mesa Boogie and leaves the PRS amps to the the likes of Haman, Pharoah, Abimelich, and Herod -you know,... Blues Lawyers who commit atrocities..

Satan also pics Mesa BTW -I mean he's in the know -he used to hang in heaven.
        There’s a little known anecdote about Jesus trying to put a band together. He went down to the Troubador and said to a dozen shredders, “Follow me and I will make you melters of face.” They all said, “Whut? Naw, we’re good bro. Been there, done that.” So Jesus decided to go with the plan-B fishing idea. But on his way out, he turned to Satan and said, “Dude, you can have ‘em.” ...and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          There’s a little known anecdote about Jesus trying to put a band together. He went down to the Troubador and said to a dozen shredders, “Follow me and I will make you melters of face.” They all said, “Whut? Naw, we’re good bro. Been there, done that.” So Jesus decided to go with the plan-B fishing idea. But on his way out, he turned to Satan and said, “Dude, you can have ‘em.” ...and the rest is history.
          This post rules.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Lets get to the root of why I have had a love hate relationship with Boogies for years. Played Marshall most of my playing time on stage and run few effects. Ran JCM 900 MK III Dual Master Volume variants probably the most in fact. No reverb no channel switching other than the second master for setting different volume levels and ran few effects.
            I find Mesa Boogies to be very stiff and cold feeling and not well suited to dynamic playing with few or no effects in comparison to other amps like the PRS amps I'm running Marshalls or something like a Zinky, Soldano or Splawn. The Boogies however are fantastic if your running a lot of effects in particular in the loop as they keep clarity and dynamics in that situation better than most other amps. That plus in my experience the are very solidly built quiet, roadworthy amps that are also very consistent night after night. In all this my old trusty Mesa Subway Rocket combo is not going anywhere as it serves a purpose for me playing modern worship and having to run a lot of effects at times that nothing else Ii have ever owned has been better at. On the other hand for the bigger rigs where I am running fewer effects and relying more on touch dynamics and feel to get different tones a Boogie frustrates me to no end. These Sewell designed PRS amps are simply the best at this I have ever played so prefer them.
            Frankly don't give a rip about the name on the front panel as much as do they perform are they quiet and are they reliable? These newer PRS Sewell designed amps do all 3 as well or better for me than anything I have ever played through and no apologies for loving um!
            Last edited by Ascension; 05-01-2020, 10:00 AM.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              Wouldn't be to quick to discount a lot of the Christian duds as shredders I have crossed paths with over the years doing the White metal thing. Know a few ( some of them quite personally in fact) who might just rip your head off and drop your jaw!
              Case in point
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live!!

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                Wouldn't be to quick to discount a lot of the Christian duds as shredders I have crossed paths with over the years doing the White metal thing. Know a few ( some of them quite personally in fact) who might just rip your head off and drop your jaw!
                Case in point
                Yeah it was just a joke. Most people know me by now, but occasionally I still have to ‘splain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  Case in point
                  I have to admit, I was surprised. that's a pretty good version of throw back 80s style metal band .... White Metal or not.

Not my thing, but I recognize a good effort.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                  X