banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live

Jesus would play a frankenstrat that some savant old man built, into a Metalzone that some savant teen modified into a power amp some savant kid built into a cab some other middle aged savant built.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Well have come to the conclusion that my PRS amps absolutely kill my Boogies live

Actually Job 27 vs 13-17
      13 This is the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage of oppressors, which they shall receive of the Almighty.

14 If his children be multiplied, it is for the sword: and his offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.

15 Those that remain of him shall be buried in death: and his widows shall not weep.

16 Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare raiment as the clay;

17 He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.

I have world class gear but didn't pay the big $ for any of it. Over the years have given many guitars amps and other gear away not because I had to or wanted anything back but because some one had a need and I had the ability at the time to meet it . Now stuff I normally could never afford just seems to find me. Sounds like I am playing what I'm supposed to be playing so--.
      PS the intent here was not to slag Mesa Boogie as have been playing Boogies for years and they have served me well. No it's to tell others just how Good these PRS Amps are. They get no respect and deserve better. Since Sewell has come in as a designer these amp have taken a quantum leap forward and seemingly few have played them to understand this because of the rep of PRS as a company.
      Sat down at a local shop just before the lock down that had a Soldano Astroverb and a PRS Sweet 16 head sitting side by side. Played both and much to my amazement would have taken the PRS home out of the 2. If you haven't played one of these PRS amps since they brought Sewell in as their chief designer you need to!!
      Last edited by Ascension; 04-28-2020, 12:51 AM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

All kidding aside the MESA MK V:35 seems thee perfect gigging amp ever. No tones or situation it couldn't handle.

Comment

Id really like tyo try the PRS amps ut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
            How do you think I wound up with a virtually unplayed 07 royal Blue Brazilian Rosewood board Pau Bird Custom 24 with all the case candy in 2010 for $800? Or a April 2019 build date Archon 50 head that was dead mint in the factory box with the footswitch for a GRAND under what it sold for new? Stupid poseur player lawyers with more $ than brains that's how! I thank GOD for um!! I actually gig with my gear and own what works for me. Never gave a PRS amp a second thought until just over a year ago when i played a MT 15 in a local shop and was blown away by it.
            haha. nice. I don't doubt your assessment BTW.

I've never owned anything PRS -probably because of Nu Metal and Creed etched in my nightmares -BUT it is undoubtably quality stuff and PRS is a quality dude with a great mind for innovation and improvement.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              Jesus would play a frankenstrat that some savant old man built, into a Metalzone that some savant teen modified into a power amp some savant kid built into a cab some other middle aged savant built.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
              yes, indeed, and don't forget that his amp would have been soaked in a fine Egyptian bitumen emulsion to waterproof the exterior of the cabinet for riffs during all the Baptisms...
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                haha. nice. I don't doubt your assessment BTW.

I've never owned anything PRS -probably because of Nu Metal and Creed etched in my nightmares -BUT it is undoubtably quality stuff and PRS is a quality dude with a great mind for innovation and improvement.
                Randall Smith : Brilliant Engineer.

Paul R. Smith : Salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  I mean, since this amp comparison has been contextualized, isn't this really about which amp Jesus is into?
                  Pretty sure he's got a leg up on the competition. Jesus' greatest miracle of all . . . transforming a Metal Zone into a Crate amp into something listenable. :P
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Paul made some beautiful guitars, especially the early handmade ones, they aren't my cup o' tea, but glossing over a lot here.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say thats a bit harsh.

PRS, is not just a salesman, I mean he's the godfather of the Nu Metal Guitar and the sound of Creed and Nickelback and the guitar that every Dentist gets after each unnecessary root canal they pass off to Oral Surgeon for a kickback (That's an actual proven thing by the way -similar to unnecessary C section industry that started around the same time)

Comment

Add one thing Paul was a smart enough business man to hire a brilliant amp designer to build his amps in Sewell.
                        And PRS is no slouch as a guitar designer. Got his start doing repairs and started modding then building. In other words came up the same way as Randall Smith. Was smart enough this time to find a real genius in an amp designer to build the amps for him. His first attempts in amps were rather dismal. Was working in a dealer when they released the Harmonic Generators in the late 80's and we had a rep come by with one to try.
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                          Pretty sure he's got a leg up on the competition. Jesus' greatest miracle of all . . . transforming a Metal Zone into a Crate amp into something listenable. :P
                          Can be done!! Playing a modded metal Zone into a Crate here at the Alabama Theater in Birmingham. PS best acoustic room I have played in only thing here that was miced is the vocals!!
                          Last edited by Ascension; 04-29-2020, 12:14 AM.
                          Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                            Add one thing Paul was a smart enough business man to hire a brilliant amp designer to build his amps in Sewell.
                            And PRS is no slouch as a guitar designer. Got his start doing repairs and started modding then building. In other words came up the same way as Randall Smith. Was smart enough this time to find a real genius in an amp designer to build the amps for him. His first attempts in amps were rather dismal. Was working in a dealer when they released the Harmonic Generators in the late 80's and we had a rep come by with one to try.
                            Randall Smith as a kid started building HAMM radios from scratch & was mentored by a man who built classified technology for the US NAVY Nuclear Submarine program [thee very first Nuclear Sub Nautilus SSN-571]. Randall Smith is also credited with the first Master Volume & cascaded Preamp 10 years before Marshall or any other amplifier/Engineer did. And MESA has many other patents & revolutionary amplifier designs.
                            Mike Soldano based the first SLO design on a MESA Mark Series amplifier as well.
                            Im not impressed with PRS amp/guitar/products nor have i ever been.
                            Were all different Bro.
                            When Paul tried to spin the J-Mod/Mayer amp as the greatest thing on the planet thats when i lost all respect for PRS period. Too much fiction.
                            That amp was so much to do about nothing & drenched in cheesy sales & promo bling you literally have to be the stupidest person on the earth to fall for that.
                            In your opinion PRS slays your MESA.
                            Unfortunately for you perception is not reality on par with the world view.
                            But im sure your PRS stuff makes good conversation at your church with the other "christian" folk.
                            Meanwhile back @ the ranch Paul Reed is on the TV circuit telling everyone how great his products are & Randall Smith is in his amp lab creating more revolutionary designs one at a time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	82de0fa70d2aef4627490c1e9f586111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	5818951
                            Last edited by JMP/HBE; 04-29-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Randall Smith as a kid started building HAMM radios from scratch & was mentored by a man who built classified technology for the US NAVY Submarine program. Randall Smith is also credited with the first Master Volume & cascaded Preamp 10 years before Marshall or any other amplifier/Engineer did. And MESA has many other patents & revolutionary amplifier designs.
                              Mike Soldano based his SLO design on a MESA Mark Series amplifier as well.
                              Im not impressed with PRS amp/guitar/products nor have i ever been.
                              Were all different Bro.
                              When Paul tried to spin the J-Mod/Mayer amp as the greatest thing on the planet thats when i lost all respect for PRS period. Too much fiction.
                              That amp was so much to do about nothing & drenched is cheesy sales & promo bling you literally have to be the stupidest person on the earth to fall for that.
                              In your opinion PRS slays your MESA.
                              Unfortunately for you perception is not reality on par with the world view.
                              But im sure your PRS stuff makes good conversation at your church with the other "christian" folk.
                              Meanwhile back @ the ranch Paul Reed is on the TV circuit telling everyone how great his products are & Randall Smith is in his amp lab creating more revolutionary designs one at a time.
                              Whoah, let's get back to what matters -Jesus' preference

And his preference is to not have false idols -and PRS puts his full name on the amp name plate....

-whereas Randall Smith chose in a name to described the topograpy of the desert environment -much like the plateaus in Ancient Judea and much like the fortress of Masada. combined with the lesson you are going to learn from the audible parable this amp is going to tell. -it boogies...

Once again Jesus pics Mesa Boogie and leaves the PRS amps to the the likes of Haman, Pharoah, Abimelich, and Herod -you know,... Blues Lawyers who commit atrocities..

Satan also pics Mesa BTW -I mean he's in the know -he used to hang in heaven.
                              Last edited by NegativeEase; 04-29-2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Well...

Comment

Working...
                                X