A little composition on my lone star strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little composition on my lone star strat

A slow sad blues composition. Trying out string section and electric piano with my new midi controller to go with my Fender Lone Star Stratocaster - I changed the fender twin head for a pearly gates and swapped the Texas Specials for Tex Mex which I think are a much better match for the pearly gates.

I think that’s how a lone star should come. I like it much more with this pickup combination

Cakewalk is free and I used its native plugins for these sounds.
    Could do with a vocal but I think it actually stands up on its own

The drums are MT powerdrumkit- a free vst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: A little composition on my lone star strat

I use Cakewalk with MT Pro drums as well; great combo! I don't know if iZotope is still on sale, but Sweetwater had Essentials for like $40 the other day.

I like the tone and playing a lot; the strings are a little strange sounding bc of the retrig on the keys -- real violinists wouldn't pick up their bow after each note like that; you should check out some articulations and keyswitching to get the strings sounding more natural -- it's a challenge to get right!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      I use Cakewalk with MT Pro drums as well; great combo! I don't know if iZotope is still on sale, but Sweetwater had Essentials for like $40 the other day.

I like the tone and playing a lot; the strings are a little strange sounding bc of the retrig on the keys -- real violinists wouldn't pick up their bow after each note like that; you should check out some articulations and keyswitching to get the strings sounding more natural -- it's a challenge to get right!
      Good tip. It’s my first go using the string section. I only just got a MIDI controller last week for my birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing man!
        The blues ain't dead yet!
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Working...
        X