banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slaves! ... A new song by the old guy drinking in his garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaves! ... A new song by the old guy drinking in his garage.

New guitar today prompted me to want to record a song.
    Used the Jackson cheapo in 1 channel and the Dean custom V in the other. (Betcha can't guess which is which?)
    Tuned STD.
    Used the JSX in 1 channel and the TSL in the other. DSL for the sloppy solo.

Chorus on guitars for the first time ever.
    A clean channel intro... That may be a first too!

Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: Slaves! ... A new song by the old guy drinking in his garage.

Better than most of what I hear on the radio these days. You possibly missed your true calling in life...
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I like it a lot bro... Excellent riff and ideas, but I gotta tell ya, if you ever need a lead guitarist you know where to find me

hey also nice concept and lyrics... I agree about it....
      Last edited by greekdude; 04-29-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Great guitar tones!
        Talk to me about your chorus settings...
        I’ve been experimenting with the same idea. I don’t want a totally saturated chorus sound but I like how just a little can put a nice sparkle into the tone.
        What was your approach, gear, settings etc...

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
          I like it a lot bro... Excellent riff and ideas, but I gotta tell ya, if you ever need a lead guitarist you know where to find me

hey also nice concept and lyrics... I agree about it....
          I do! And you'd nail it!
          Trouble with my band is we have 2 rythm guitardists. Ha ha ha I get stuck with leads because I can do them a lot better than the other guy ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            Great guitar tones!
            Talk to me about your chorus settings...
            I’ve been experimenting with the same idea. I don’t want a totally saturated chorus sound but I like how just a little can put a nice sparkle into the tone.
            What was your approach, gear, settings etc...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200429_063946539_compress60.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	5818952

Thanks!
            Its simple like this. I like a slow rate and just barely there, not overpowering. I generally dislike chorus because it melds tones together and generally I want guitars to stand apart and alone in a mix. But it just seemed to work in this song I guess.
            I have to say John Jolly is the guy who talked me into using a chorus pedal to begin with.
            So after buying and selling a few off, this one came along and it's great! The knobs actually do something!
            I don't use it very often at all. Now you know everything I know (which is not much) about my approach to chorus ha ha.
            Last edited by 80's_Metal; 04-29-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]104557[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
              Its simple like this. I like a slow rate and just barely there, not overpowering. I generally dislike chorus because it melds tones together and generally I want guitars to stand apart and alone in a mix. But it just seemed to work in this song I guess.
              I have to say John Jolly is the guy who talked me into using a chorus pedal to begin with.
              So after buying and selling a few off, this one came along and it's great! The knobs actually do something!
              I don't use it very often at all. Now you know everything I know (which is not much) about my approach to chorus ha ha.
              Awesome! Thanks.
              I have a Strymon Mobius that I use for my modulation sounds. It’s a great pedal but like many digital pedals, there are a lot of parameters to figure out. It’s pretty straightforward but I still find myself scratching my head at times trying to figure out how to make it do what I hear in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                New guitar today prompted me to want to record a song.
                Used the Jackson cheapo in 1 channel and the Dean custom V in the other. (Betcha can't guess which is which?)
                Tuned STD.
                Used the JSX in 1 channel and the TSL in the other. DSL for the sloppy solo.

Chorus on guitars for the first time ever.
                A clean channel intro... That may be a first too!

I like the guitar tone -nice job.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Chorus?!

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    Chorus?!

Ha ha right??

Comment

Next thing you know you'll be using a Univibe.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Next thing you know you'll be using a Univibe.

And buying round guitars to play thru my Leslie! Ha ha ha

Comment

Catchy riff. Still humming after listening, that’s a good sign!

Jolly is the master of subtle chorus on rhythm guitars for sure.

Comment

I keep stopping back and listening to it.

It really is the total package. The Clean intro/outro, driving rhythm, heavy riffs but not too heavy so they will still hook in a lot of the Hard Rock into Heavy Metal listeners, and as DankStar noted it is catchy.
                            I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Thanks! Means a lot to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X