pedal order with true bypass and buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pedal order with true bypass and buffer

First... try all the combos to see what you prefer. None other than signature Fuzz Face user Eric Johnson himself prefers a buffer in front of his Fuzz Face. I was surprised to see that...

Second... I’m a fan of the pedals you are using. My preference is:
    Wah (True Bypass & Fuzz Friendly Buffer)
    Fuzz Face
    OCD/Tuner (I don’t have your tuner, but the TU-3 is brighter than others. Try just these two pedals in both orders to see which you prefer)

Having a tuner last gives you a master mute. You can then turn off the other pedals to tune. Having a tuner closer to the front allows tuning without turning of other pedals.

For me, discovering the wah with true bypass and fuzz friendly buffer was a revelation. It gives me the wah/fuzz sound I want and helps “drive” other gain pedals too.
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 04-29-2020, 10:36 AM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      Excuse my Ignorance

but shouldn't the Tuner be the first in line
      not the last?

I mean, right?
      Depends really -if you are using always on modulation that is amplitude or harmonic only you may want it downstream of this so that you are dialing in based on any slight pitch issues with all the circuitry in line (It does happen -I mean if you've owned EHX pedals you probably know about this).
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have read on forums before that the ocd doesn't like to be put after a buffer, but there are a few versions of the ocd, mine is the v1.7 and on my big pedalboard its seems OK but different sounding ,thinner and maybe it's in my head but acts different to the guitar controls, but on that board there is a Tu2, Mxr M222 (although I believe that's TB) EVH phase 90, jerry cantrell crybaby and an overrated special all before it never mind what comes after it. Ocd sounds more hmm organic amp like when plugged in by itself, hence why on the smaller board I want to try and keep that sound/tone as much as I can. The TB wah not here yet and not got my large Hendrix fuzz face yet due to all that's going on, that's why I've asked the question rather than just experimented myself. Will def try the FF> wah(TB)> OCD> TU2 order first though.
        Last edited by dsguitar1; 04-30-2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Which wah will you be using?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by dsguitar1 View Post
            I have read on forums before that the ocd doesn't like to be put after a buffer, but there are a few versions of the ocd, mine is the v1.7 and on my big pedalboard its seems OK but different sounding ,thinner and maybe it's in my head but acts different to the guitar controls, but on that board there is a Tu2, Mxr M222 (although I believe that's TB) EVH phase 90, jerry cantrell crybaby and an overrated special all before it never mind what comes after it. Ocd sounds more hmm organic amp like when plugged in by itself, hence why on the smaller board I want to try and keep that sound/tone as much as I can. The TB wah not here yet and not got my large Hendrix fuzz face yet due to all that's going on, that's why I've asked the question rather than just experimented myself. Will def try the FF> wah(TB)> OCD> TU2 order first though.
            My OCD - v1.4 I think - sounds the same wherever I have it on the board, or just on its own, though I should say I always run it at 18V. It’s my go to drive for what I do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Vox V847 gunna make true bypass and change out a few resistors.

A little of subject but has anyone used the fulltone octave fuzz?

Been looking at the large Hendrix fuzz face but also had the fulltone fuzz 70 in the back of my mind (still bc108s but with a mid control). Noticed that the fulltone octave fuzz has a switch where you can take the octave out and just use it as a fuzz, does anyone know how this fuzz would sound/act compared to a normal fuzz face circuit? Also am I right in thinking the octave fuzz circuit works with a wah in front unlike the normal fuzz face?

Comment

the fulltone octafuzz is a pretty aggressive fuzz when the octave is turned off, very cool pedal

Comment

Working...
                X