Coolest Production Model Axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coolest Production Model Axe

It's the EBMM neck. Do they have more than just the one profile? Radius is a hair flatter than a modern Strat, but I'd be hard pressed to spot the 0.5" difference. Fingerboard edges are rolled, as the kids say, AF.

I've never taken a caliper to it, but the overall sense is of something smaller and rounder than the 60s neck on my LP (60s Tribute).

No way is it as thin, front-to-back, as a Wizard, or as flat. Aren't those like a 16" radius? Not something I ever spent a lot of time with; not really my scene, though I *have* played them.

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    is the St Vincent thinner
    thicker
    offset

could you compare it to
    a strat
    60s gibson
    wizard

what is it similar to
    Last edited by St_Genesius; 05-04-2020, 07:25 PM.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I find the slim 60s neck on my Epi Florentine to be very close to my Wizard II on my RG2
      the back of the Ibby just has a flat spot

yea the radius on the fretboard is some metric between 16 and 17

the Epi has a 12 inch radius

I would very much like to try that neck
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

G&L Comanche. Many options in colors, neck specs, etc., and EXTREMELY high quality.

Those Leo Fender-designed Z-Coil pickups always attract a lot of attention whenever I take a Comanche to a jam session.

That said, there's something really sexy about a good Gibson ES-335 dot neck.

Bill
        Last edited by Boogie Bill; 05-04-2020, 10:48 PM.
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
        X