Pick 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pick 2

I have a RAT 2 that I bought a while ago and hadn't really used, but I've been experimenting with it these last few weeks in lockdown. I really like it. It's more versatile than I was expecting - covers a lot of ground from light breakup through classic rock OD into raging fuzz. The controls cover a wide range and are very interactive - tweaking one affects the operation of the others. I think it will be going on my board!

I think you'll enjoy the RAT and it will cover the music you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
      These are what I just ordered
      Love to hear your comparison thoughts when you get them.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Rat arrived today, but I need the family to go for a long walk.

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
          The Rat arrived today, but I need the family to go for a long walk.
          They'll do that voluntarily when your amp volume hits the right level. :P
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

so the SD-1 arrived today and I played them both with my Tele into my Katana 50 on the Clean and Crunch, but only at bedroom levels.

Tele bridge and Rat.. not a good combo. It was way too thin. But the neck pickup was nice and creamy once I got the filter properly set. The Boss was much easier to dial in on either pickup. The SD had a really nice shimmer to it with the drive around 11-noon, but compressed as I went up from there. Anything past 2:00 was getting a little buzzy.

I'm sure humbuckers will thicken them both up a bit

Comment

Well I was kind of disappointed with the SD-1 and Seths, especially on the bridge.. I did not expect such a huge mid jump. Sounds like my les paul has a bad cold. Luckily 2 of my 3 amps have 3 way eq.. maybe time for an eq pedal

But the SD into the rat has some potential.

Comment

Working...
              X