banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think the Custom Shop could wind a slightly overwound vintage stack bridge pup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think the Custom Shop could wind a slightly overwound vintage stack bridge pup?

Hey all I've never used the Custom Shop before. Think they could wind a vintage stack bridge pup that's slightly overwound? Not as much as something like the hot stack or BR1400 or whatever it's called. I'm thinking something along the lines of a vintage stack bridge that's slightly darker and just a bit overwound sounding, so a bit more hefty in the mids. Any thoughts or prior experience with something like this?

Re: Think the Custom Shop could wind a slightly overwound vintage stack bridge pup?

I don't think this would be too much to ask of the CS. They did a great job with a pickup idea I threw at them a couple of years ago. I say go for it
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Re: Think the Custom Shop could wind a slightly overwound vintage stack bridge pup?

I'd think that would be easy. However, the Custom Shop, like most of SD is shut down for a few weeks. So if you do order something, it might take a few more weeks.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You should ask them directly.

I am sure they can, as that sounds like it can be made from existing parts.

It's when parts have to be designed and fabricated/produced that the "can you do it" question gets a lot closer to NO – at least not at a price Joe Blow would pay.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

You'd have to ask.

I have a custom shop Vintage Stack Tele neck pickup that's overwound. I asked for 10% overwound, but MJ in the custom shop said the pickup housing did not physically have enough space for 10% but she could do 5%. So I ended up with 5%.

The Tele neck pickup has a unique kind of housing, so this might not be such a problem with a bridge pickup.

Comment

Absolutely not. The custom shop wouldn't even attempt to do such a thing.

Just kidding. Yes, of course they could do that.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Are you talking about the STK-S7? Wouldn't an overwound simply get you in the STK-S6 territory?

Comment

If what you want is really close to an existing pickup, they will suggest that one. But contact them and see what they say.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X