banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar Amp Plug-ins for DAW... Amp-Sim / Fondation OD... Re-Amping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Amp Plug-ins for DAW... Amp-Sim / Fondation OD... Re-Amping...

Hey !

This must have been discussed before... But now it is a lockdown issue (although not mentionned in the title):

I would like to record some guitar parts at home during this time. I will re-amp in a Marshall later but in the meantime to send demo to other musicians working with me.

So first I need a new amp simulator software. I have an old Guitar-Rig installed in a half dead computer....
    Or I should get a Fondation Overdrive like the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret (and later on a 55 Formula) ?

First I thought of getting IK Media AMPLITUBE. Do you like it ?
    But did anybody tried the new THU OVERLOAD ?
    A friend of mine say it brillant.
    Anyone prefers the last version of GUITAR-RIG ?

Anyone thinks recording with a fondation pedals (like DLS) would be better ? (But then I cannot re-amp)

But I could also make my demo by Re-amping at home into a tiny bedroom amplifier (MiniVox) warmed but some cool pedals...

And oh I forgot to mention my SansAmp 2.
    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Re: Guitar Amp Plug-ins for DAW... Amp-Sim / Fondation OD... Re-Amping...

I made each of these clips using Positive Grid's BIAS AMP 2 and/or BIAS FX 2 (as VST plugin in DAW) - I highly recommend both!

High Wire - Badlands

Rainbow In The Dark - DIO (with backing)

Van Halen - Everybody Wants Some!

Comment

I recently started toyin' around with Toontrack's EZMix 2. Not Stricly a guitar amp simulator, but it's metal oriented packages really surprised me with their quality.

Comment

Thanks for your answers and for mentioning other softwares than those in the first post.

About the TH-U Overloud (apart from the impressive amout of amps simulated), there is a very cool feature :

You can actually change the tube type in the amp you selected. Quite a nice feature for us, isn't it ?
        Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
        X