History of the Marshall 2203

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the Marshall 2203

The legendary Marshall JCM800 2203 amplifier is the champion of hard rock/heavy metal. Read how the “Father of Loud,” Jim Marshall, created this masterpiece.
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-04-2020, 05:22 AM.

Re: History of the Marshall 2203

Pre-PI Master Volume.

One of my "I gotta build me one of those" amps on the "list".

Comment

Comment

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-06-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I've owned several 2203s....incredible amps.. but honestly none of them could touch the 2204 I had and gigges with in the mid 90s -it was special.

I sold it like an idiot because I thought I had to have 50 more watts.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            I've owned several 2203s....incredible amps.. but honestly none of them could touch the 2204 I had and gigges with in the mid 90s -it was special.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
              I will walk this route of shame for the rest of my life.

I've tried to relocate that exact amp many times.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Funny cuz i got my first JMP in 1982 which was a 79/2204, gigged 3 States for 11 years and always needed/wanted a 2203 but the 2204 got the job done & managed to rupture my rt eardrum in da process.. After Flannel killed rock i spent da 90's running a Business & raising 3 kids. Nowdays impossible to find a band worth af. The 50 watt JMP's need to go flat out to deliver the goods which will hurt ya.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-07-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Ever did I dream about these amps.

I owned a "5210" marshall, a two channel transistor based ,50 watt combo. It was amazing, has the finest overdriven tones (at any volume) and a spring reverb to die for.

One day- I'd like to try a JCM800 half stack with a tube screamer infront . because it was the sound I was growing up listening to.
                  If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I had a 25th anniversary 2204 and it was awesome. I have a 2203x but I miss the 2204.

Comment

This guy has a collection of vids of a collection of old amps https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hDl139NYW2s

His orange & bassman vids were equally impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X