Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD Talman100

Ode to our old friend Seafoamer

Needed/Wanted a bass of my own again, tired of borrowing everytime I need one. I was going to build one but these Talmans are fairly insane bang for the buck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	545A6D86-80B1-43D1-8839-F290BDD96AD4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	5853903
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: NBD Talman100

They sure are. Got one too, it's Shelby's (our oldest). Same color w/ Tort guard. Plays and sounds great.

Comment

never seen those, looks cool. i liked the talman guitars but didnt know they did a bass

Comment

New to me, too, and it looks pretty awesome!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What sort of controls are those, I can't quite see the layout in the photo?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

2 Concentric pots
            Volume/Pickup Balance
            9v Active +/- Treble/Bass
            My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
              2 Concentric pots
              Volume/Pickup Balance
              9v Active +/- Treble/Bass
              Nice. That's like my Ibanez 'cept they didn't use concentrics.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool! Those were on my radar before I found a deal on my squier vm PJ, also could never find a talman bass to try out personally so I've wondered how the necks feel!
                Glad you have your own bass and don't have to borrow, bass is so fun

Comment

I am so happy with this bass, been doing some demos with it and it sounds great. I love the playability of it, I am really can't get over how inexpensive it is.

I was predominantly a bass player from the end of high school thru my early 20's, it's been too long not owning a really good bass.
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

A couple of years ago I had my Spector in the shop and the owner informed me that they were liquidating all merchandise and focusing all their attention on repairs. They had a few used basses so I jumped on a Sterling S.U.B. bass in mint condition for $175. Great deal. He had a Laguna Lb224 that he offered at $100 and I said id think about it. I went to get my spector and told him id pass on the laguna. He told me to give him 75 and take it. I did. He had a bass just like the one in the op's pic,even the same color. I had just put $350 in the Spectors electronics,bought 3 gig bags for $20 a piece and a pedal along with the two other basses and made myself leave before i spent any more money. I regret this now. Should have scooped up that Talman on the way out.

Side note: That Laguna bass was a steal at $75. For the cheapest model in a Guitar Center line of instruments it plays like a dream. I swapped out the pots but havent done anything else to it. You would be suprised how good they play.
                    The Sterling was a steal as well. I have gotten some great deals on basses. I have also shelled out lots of money to get the exact bass that i wanted so some deals are welcome. The Talman haunts me though.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X