Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    From here on out, I am going to do my best to avoid everything that comes out of China.
    Hopefully, the market will be doing the same.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Have you ever seen that documentary of the finally that tried to only consume items not made in China? It's an eye opener for sure.

Maybe one positive from Covids will be at least a continental self reliance move -to avoid being reliant on most everything in it's finished form from across an ocean -however I do not think it should be at the micro or local level -the population is too big -the environment cannot withstand every county producing their own industrial level waste for every consumers product -we have to have a model of efficiency which requires regionalization -and honestly Americans wouldn't pay for it anyways.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

the whole world wears Chinese blue jeans and wears Chinese watches
      I learned this in my recent travels abroad
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I had a Behringer "Tube Monster 999" pedal-

with a no-name 12ax7 inside.

I replaced the tube with a NOS Phillips 5751- that was twice the price of the Behringer pedal

And it sounded awesome with bass guitar. It roared!

But the pots were plastic- everything just... dirt cheap. :/

I hope i find the pedal, and retrieve the tube.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

We're sorry-this item is unavailable.

That would be a good reason to not buy it.

Comment

Sketchy business practices, weird anti-semitic ownership, product looks and sounds cheap until it breaks. There are like a billion better options.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

JMP/HBE thnks for posting that clip. never heard of him or that song before. Good message. gonna send it to my girls that are...... Uh... falling for stuff.
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I can only say that every Behringer product I've used has been a disappointment.

Though I still believe there might be some worth the money, I'm not betting any of mine on it.
                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                  Have you ever seen that documentary of the finally that tried to only consume items not made in China? It's an eye opener for sure.

Maybe one positive from Covids will be at least a continental self reliance move -to avoid being reliant on most everything in it's finished form from across an ocean -however I do not think it should be at the micro or local level -the population is too big -the environment cannot withstand every county producing their own industrial level waste for every consumers product -we have to have a model of efficiency which requires regionalization -and honestly Americans wouldn't pay for it anyways.
                  Actually, if every country would make their share of industrial waste, and production, it would be better for environment as it would be dealt properly.

It's far too easy to ignore pollution, waste and moral issues of ultra cheap labor when it all happens other side of the world.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                      Actually, if every country would make their share of industrial waste, and production, it would be better for environment as it would be dealt properly.

It's far too easy to ignore pollution, waste and moral issues of ultra cheap labor when it all happens other side of the world.
                      Maybe you misread -I was talking at the "COUNTY" level -not country -definitely agree at the regional and country level.

My point is, we have to both distribute at the regional level of industrialization enough to take advantage of efficiencies of scale and cost and to limit the micro localization enough to mitigate impact to the environment by having the more efficient less redundant community to community model.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Maybe what we need is a good central planning committee.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                          Maybe you misread -I was talking at the "COUNTY" level -not country -definitely agree at the regional and country level.

My point is, we have to both distribute at the regional level of industrialization enough to take advantage of efficiencies of scale and cost and to limit the micro localization enough to mitigate impact to the environment by having the more efficient less redundant community to community model.
                          Oh. Thought it was misspelling.

Anyway... Sorry for derailment.

Comment

Thanks.. I've been dissuaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              And there is the knock about Beringer. The gear sounds fine it is the quality control. If you get a good unit you will have years of pleasure. If you get a lemon it will give you problems forever.
                              THIS!! Internal components are cheap and IMO sub par so if it breaks it's normally DONE!
                              Guitars
                              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X