Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

Behringer isn't mostly knockoff dogsh*t like it once was 15-20 years ago -which is why this thread is even a thing.

They've become a average to good option for great value -and even have a few stellar products

-and more importantly offer essential options for beginning and cash strapped musicians.

I'd say they have an important place in the market to keep usable tools and inspiration in the hands of musicians.

That said, I don't own any -but have used it -as I'm mostly buying high end fx gear from the little guys.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The only behringer piece of gear I have is a digital patch bay. It works, except when it doesn’t.

Comment

I've tried Behringer gear that was great, for the price (that is- not high-end stuff)-.

And some Behringer stuff that was just cheaply made, and not very good.

Best pick is to try out, and "check the feeling" of what you're going to buy,.

best wishes
        -Erl
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
          And some Behringer stuff that was just cheaply made, and not very good.
          And there is the knock about Beringer. The gear sounds fine it is the quality control. If you get a good unit you will have years of pleasure. If you get a lemon it will give you problems forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
            Most of that Behringer stuff is disposable once it breaks, isn't it?
            Thats been my experience. POS

Comment

I am using a Behringer digital mixer with the band, and it sounds great. Some of the smaller ones, especially the first generations were noisy and didn't sound great. I haven't used their synths or guitar effects/amps.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have an older model of the op's posted link. It's a decent amp for the money. Jensen speakers of some sort. Good onboard effects that you can midi control. Stereo, 60 watts per channel. Drive channel is ok, but then I usually use dirt boxes through the clean channel, which sounds fine.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                  Thats been my experience. POS
                  Thats not totally true anymore -example -a lot of the Behringer product is rebadged Midas circuits but built in China or other Pro Audio partners in their conglomerate... it can be good stuff at a great price.

But I had nothing but POS experiences prior to about 5-8 years ago -so I get your feelings.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    Thats not totally true anymore -example -a lot of the Behringer product is rebadged Midas circuits but built in China or other Pro Audio partners in their conglomerate... it can be good stuff at a great price.

But I had nothing but POS experiences prior to about 5-8 years ago -so I get your feelings.
                    Ive had great results with MIC Mosky brand pedals. Well made and very affordable. I have the buffer/Black Rat/ & just ordered the Dyna comp.
                    You get one shot with me. if i get screwed taking a chance it will never happen again and why should it ? Too many great companies out there to deal with crappy ones.
                    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-08-2020, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Ive had great results with MIC Mosky brand pedals. Well made and very affordable. I have the buffer/Black Rat/ & just ordered the Dyna comp.
                      You get one shot with me. if i get screwed taking a chance it will never happen again and why should it ? Too many great companies out there to deal with crappy ones.
                      Actually, no argument from me on this.... I'm just letting you know not all their stuff is POS anymore... Their ethics and screwing over other companies is the original reason I don't own any -other than they don't make anything that I would prefer, but I have a long memory to my detriment sometimes and they are a better company now.

And if i applied my petty Behringer ethical logic to everything, there would be few companies to purchase from -as most gear companies started by ripping off another one -and electronic circuit design is a nebulous thing when it comes to intellectual property - as most circuits were actually designed by the tube, transistor, or chip maker as a demonstration of what you can do with their component product -so they want everyone repeating it. The differences in most products is the arrangement and permutations of those basic circuits together - few are original in a creative sense.... So I shouldn't hold a grudge too long on this.

Comment

Actually, no argument from me on this.... I'm just letting you know not all their stuff is POS anymore... Their ethics and screwing over other companies is the original reason I don't own any -other than they don't make anything that I would prefer, but I have a long memory to my detriment sometimes and they are a better company now.

And if i applied my petty Behringer ethical logic to everything, there would be few companies to purchase from -as most gear companies started by ripping off another one -and electronic circuit design is a nebulous thing when it comes to intellectual property - as most circuits were actually designed by the tube, transistor, or chip maker as a demonstration of what you can do with their component product -so they want everyone repeating it. The differences in most products is the arrangement and permutations of those basic circuits together - few are original in a creative sense.... So I shouldn't hold a grudge too long on this.
                        The China gear is hit & miss as a whole. But for my money i can't afford any or unlimited misses.
                        Kinda like fishing, why waste time at a place where there are no fish when all you have to do is find the honey hole.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-08-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

The China gear is hit & miss as a whole. But for my money i can't afford any or unlimited misses.
                          I'm really hard on gear -so things like Behringer, Danelectro, and even TC Electronic just aren't tough enough for me for either travel or lots of gigging

Comment

I'm really hard on gear -so things like Behringer, Danelectro, and even TC Electronic just aren't tough enough for me for either travel or lots of gigging

Behringer bought TC Electronics 2 years ago. Consequently i have bought no TC gear since. Nor plan to.

Comment

Behringer bought TC Electronics 2 years ago. Consequently i have bought no TC gear since. Nor plan to.
                              HAHHAAHAHAH

I didn't even know that -wow -makes sense -I just knew TC Electronic Chinese stuff is constructed cheaply and unreliable for heavy use. A lot of it sounds good and they used to be top of the line in the 90s before there got into consumer gear.

Comment

From here on out, I am going to do my best to avoid everything that comes out of China.
                                Hopefully, the market will be doing the same.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X