Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

  1. #21
    Super Toneologist JMP/HBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by ICTGoober View Post
    Most of that Behringer stuff is disposable once it breaks, isn't it?
    Thats been my experience. POS

  2. #22
    Super Toneologist TMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Extolling the virtues of shower radios.
    Posts
    1,449

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    I used to have a mixer that was an incredible value, full of useful features and connectivity, for a price that honestly shocked me. The downside was that it didn’t sound very good. I eventually sold it.

  3. #23
    Administrator Mincer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay area, Florida, USA
    Posts
    25,922

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    I am using a Behringer digital mixer with the band, and it sounds great. Some of the smaller ones, especially the first generations were noisy and didn't sound great. I haven't used their synths or guitar effects/amps.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

    My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

    Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

  4. #24
    PenultimateTone Member Demanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Phoenix area.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    16,449

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    I have an older model of the op's posted link. It's a decent amp for the money. Jensen speakers of some sort. Good onboard effects that you can midi control. Stereo, 60 watts per channel. Drive channel is ok, but then I usually use dirt boxes through the clean channel, which sounds fine.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    6,287

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    Thats been my experience. POS
    Thats not totally true anymore -example -a lot of the Behringer product is rebadged Midas circuits but built in China or other Pro Audio partners in their conglomerate... it can be good stuff at a great price.

    But I had nothing but POS experiences prior to about 5-8 years ago -so I get your feelings.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  6. #26
    Super Toneologist JMP/HBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Thats not totally true anymore -example -a lot of the Behringer product is rebadged Midas circuits but built in China or other Pro Audio partners in their conglomerate... it can be good stuff at a great price.

    But I had nothing but POS experiences prior to about 5-8 years ago -so I get your feelings.
    Ive had great results with MIC Mosky brand pedals. Well made and very affordable. I have the buffer/Black Rat/ & just ordered the Dyna comp.
    You get one shot with me. if i get screwed taking a chance it will never happen again and why should it ? Too many great companies out there to deal with crappy ones.
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-08-2020 at 04:59 AM.

  7. #27
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    6,287

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    Ive had great results with MIC Mosky brand pedals. Well made and very affordable. I have the buffer/Black Rat/ & just ordered the Dyna comp.
    You get one shot with me. if i get screwed taking a chance it will never happen again and why should it ? Too many great companies out there to deal with crappy ones.
    Actually, no argument from me on this.... I'm just letting you know not all their stuff is POS anymore... Their ethics and screwing over other companies is the original reason I don't own any -other than they don't make anything that I would prefer, but I have a long memory to my detriment sometimes and they are a better company now.

    And if i applied my petty Behringer ethical logic to everything, there would be few companies to purchase from -as most gear companies started by ripping off another one -and electronic circuit design is a nebulous thing when it comes to intellectual property - as most circuits were actually designed by the tube, transistor, or chip maker as a demonstration of what you can do with their component product -so they want everyone repeating it. The differences in most products is the arrangement and permutations of those basic circuits together - few are original in a creative sense.... So I shouldn't hold a grudge too long on this.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  8. #28
    Super Toneologist JMP/HBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Actually, no argument from me on this.... I'm just letting you know not all their stuff is POS anymore... Their ethics and screwing over other companies is the original reason I don't own any -other than they don't make anything that I would prefer, but I have a long memory to my detriment sometimes and they are a better company now.

    And if i applied my petty Behringer ethical logic to everything, there would be few companies to purchase from -as most gear companies started by ripping off another one -and electronic circuit design is a nebulous thing when it comes to intellectual property - as most circuits were actually designed by the tube, transistor, or chip maker as a demonstration of what you can do with their component product -so they want everyone repeating it. The differences in most products is the arrangement and permutations of those basic circuits together - few are original in a creative sense.... So I shouldn't hold a grudge too long on this.
    The China gear is hit & miss as a whole. But for my money i can't afford any or unlimited misses.
    Kinda like fishing, why waste time at a place where there are no fish when all you have to do is find the honey hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-08-2020 at 07:15 AM.

  9. #29
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    6,287

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    The China gear is hit & miss as a whole. But for my money i can't afford any or unlimited misses.
    I'm really hard on gear -so things like Behringer, Danelectro, and even TC Electronic just aren't tough enough for me for either travel or lots of gigging
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  10. #30
    Super Toneologist JMP/HBE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I'm really hard on gear -so things like Behringer, Danelectro, and even TC Electronic just aren't tough enough for me for either travel or lots of gigging


    Behringer bought TC Electronics 2 years ago. Consequently i have bought no TC gear since. Nor plan to.

  11. #31
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    6,287

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post


    Behringer bought TC Electronics 2 years ago. Consequently i have bought no TC gear since. Nor plan to.
    HAHHAAHAHAH

    I didn't even know that -wow -makes sense -I just knew TC Electronic Chinese stuff is constructed cheaply and unreliable for heavy use. A lot of it sounds good and they used to be top of the line in the 90s before there got into consumer gear.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  12. #32
    PenultimateTone Member Demanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Phoenix area.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    16,449

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    From here on out, I am going to do my best to avoid everything that comes out of China.
    Hopefully, the market will be doing the same.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

  13. #33
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    6,287

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic View Post
    From here on out, I am going to do my best to avoid everything that comes out of China.
    Hopefully, the market will be doing the same.

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Have you ever seen that documentary of the finally that tried to only consume items not made in China? It's an eye opener for sure.

    Maybe one positive from Covids will be at least a continental self reliance move -to avoid being reliant on most everything in it's finished form from across an ocean -however I do not think it should be at the micro or local level -the population is too big -the environment cannot withstand every county producing their own industrial level waste for every consumers product -we have to have a model of efficiency which requires regionalization -and honestly Americans wouldn't pay for it anyways.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  14. #34
    A Ficus ehdwuld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Alabama
    Posts
    10,951

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    the whole world wears Chinese blue jeans and wears Chinese watches
    I learned this in my recent travels abroad
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

  15. #35
    Ultimate Tone Member Erlend_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    North Norway
    Age
    30
    Posts
    512

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    I had a Behringer "Tube Monster 999" pedal-

    with a no-name 12ax7 inside.

    I replaced the tube with a NOS Phillips 5751- that was twice the price of the Behringer pedal

    And it sounded awesome with bass guitar. It roared!

    But the pots were plastic- everything just... dirt cheap. :/

    I hope i find the pedal, and retrieve the tube.
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

  16. #36
    Super Simonologist JOLLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Shockahville, USA
    Age
    53
    Posts
    47,293

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    We're sorry-this item is unavailable.



    That would be a good reason to not buy it.

  17. #37
    BadHairDayologist Empty Pockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    repeated exposure to high sound levels (more than 80 decibels)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,926

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Sketchy business practices, weird anti-semitic ownership, product looks and sounds cheap until it breaks. There are like a billion better options.
    green globe burned black by sunn

  18. #38
    Professional Scapegoat BloodRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tween a rock and a hard place
    Age
    53
    Posts
    18,268

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    JMP/HBE thnks for posting that clip. never heard of him or that song before. Good message. gonna send it to my girls that are...... Uh... falling for stuff.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

    Jol Dantzig

  19. #39
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Jacew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,784

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    I can only say that every Behringer product I've used has been a disappointment.

    Though I still believe there might be some worth the money, I'm not betting any of mine on it.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

  20. #40
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Jacew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,784

    Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Have you ever seen that documentary of the finally that tried to only consume items not made in China? It's an eye opener for sure.

    Maybe one positive from Covids will be at least a continental self reliance move -to avoid being reliant on most everything in it's finished form from across an ocean -however I do not think it should be at the micro or local level -the population is too big -the environment cannot withstand every county producing their own industrial level waste for every consumers product -we have to have a model of efficiency which requires regionalization -and honestly Americans wouldn't pay for it anyways.
    Actually, if every country would make their share of industrial waste, and production, it would be better for environment as it would be dealt properly.

    It's far too easy to ignore pollution, waste and moral issues of ultra cheap labor when it all happens other side of the world.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •