Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

Default Re: Tell me why I should not buy a behringer

Quote Originally Posted by ICTGoober View Post
    Most of that Behringer stuff is disposable once it breaks, isn't it?
    Thats been my experience. POS

I used to have a mixer that was an incredible value, full of useful features and connectivity, for a price that honestly shocked me. The downside was that it didn’t sound very good. I eventually sold it.

I am using a Behringer digital mixer with the band, and it sounds great. Some of the smaller ones, especially the first generations were noisy and didn't sound great. I haven't used their synths or guitar effects/amps.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

I have an older model of the op's posted link. It's a decent amp for the money. Jensen speakers of some sort. Good onboard effects that you can midi control. Stereo, 60 watts per channel. Drive channel is ok, but then I usually use dirt boxes through the clean channel, which sounds fine.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    Thats been my experience. POS
    Thats not totally true anymore -example -a lot of the Behringer product is rebadged Midas circuits but built in China or other Pro Audio partners in their conglomerate... it can be good stuff at a great price.

But I had nothing but POS experiences prior to about 5-8 years ago -so I get your feelings.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Thats not totally true anymore -example -a lot of the Behringer product is rebadged Midas circuits but built in China or other Pro Audio partners in their conglomerate... it can be good stuff at a great price.

But I had nothing but POS experiences prior to about 5-8 years ago -so I get your feelings.
    Ive had great results with MIC Mosky brand pedals. Well made and very affordable. I have the buffer/Black Rat/ & just ordered the Dyna comp.
    You get one shot with me. if i get screwed taking a chance it will never happen again and why should it ? Too many great companies out there to deal with crappy ones.
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-08-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Mojo's Minions

Ive had great results with MIC Mosky brand pedals. Well made and very affordable. I have the buffer/Black Rat/ & just ordered the Dyna comp.
    You get one shot with me. if i get screwed taking a chance it will never happen again and why should it ? Too many great companies out there to deal with crappy ones.
    Actually, no argument from me on this.... I'm just letting you know not all their stuff is POS anymore... Their ethics and screwing over other companies is the original reason I don't own any -other than they don't make anything that I would prefer, but I have a long memory to my detriment sometimes and they are a better company now.

And if i applied my petty Behringer ethical logic to everything, there would be few companies to purchase from -as most gear companies started by ripping off another one -and electronic circuit design is a nebulous thing when it comes to intellectual property - as most circuits were actually designed by the tube, transistor, or chip maker as a demonstration of what you can do with their component product -so they want everyone repeating it. The differences in most products is the arrangement and permutations of those basic circuits together - few are original in a creative sense.... So I shouldn't hold a grudge too long on this.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Actually, no argument from me on this.... I'm just letting you know not all their stuff is POS anymore... Their ethics and screwing over other companies is the original reason I don't own any -other than they don't make anything that I would prefer, but I have a long memory to my detriment sometimes and they are a better company now.

And if i applied my petty Behringer ethical logic to everything, there would be few companies to purchase from -as most gear companies started by ripping off another one -and electronic circuit design is a nebulous thing when it comes to intellectual property - as most circuits were actually designed by the tube, transistor, or chip maker as a demonstration of what you can do with their component product -so they want everyone repeating it. The differences in most products is the arrangement and permutations of those basic circuits together - few are original in a creative sense.... So I shouldn't hold a grudge too long on this.
    The China gear is hit & miss as a whole. But for my money i can't afford any or unlimited misses.
    Kinda like fishing, why waste time at a place where there are no fish when all you have to do is find the honey hole.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-08-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Mojo's Minions

The China gear is hit & miss as a whole. But for my money i can't afford any or unlimited misses.
    I'm really hard on gear -so things like Behringer, Danelectro, and even TC Electronic just aren't tough enough for me for either travel or lots of gigging

I'm really hard on gear -so things like Behringer, Danelectro, and even TC Electronic just aren't tough enough for me for either travel or lots of gigging

Behringer bought TC Electronics 2 years ago. Consequently i have bought no TC gear since. Nor plan to.

Mojo's Minions

Behringer bought TC Electronics 2 years ago. Consequently i have bought no TC gear since. Nor plan to.
    HAHHAAHAHAH

I didn't even know that -wow -makes sense -I just knew TC Electronic Chinese stuff is constructed cheaply and unreliable for heavy use. A lot of it sounds good and they used to be top of the line in the 90s before there got into consumer gear.

From here on out, I am going to do my best to avoid everything that comes out of China.
    Hopefully, the market will be doing the same.

Mojo's Minions

Quote Originally Posted by Demanic View Post
    From here on out, I am going to do my best to avoid everything that comes out of China.
    Hopefully, the market will be doing the same.

Have you ever seen that documentary of the finally that tried to only consume items not made in China? It's an eye opener for sure.

Maybe one positive from Covids will be at least a continental self reliance move -to avoid being reliant on most everything in it's finished form from across an ocean -however I do not think it should be at the micro or local level -the population is too big -the environment cannot withstand every county producing their own industrial level waste for every consumers product -we have to have a model of efficiency which requires regionalization -and honestly Americans wouldn't pay for it anyways.

the whole world wears Chinese blue jeans and wears Chinese watches
    I learned this in my recent travels abroad
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

I had a Behringer "Tube Monster 999" pedal-

with a no-name 12ax7 inside.

I replaced the tube with a NOS Phillips 5751- that was twice the price of the Behringer pedal

And it sounded awesome with bass guitar. It roared!

But the pots were plastic- everything just... dirt cheap. :/

I hope i find the pedal, and retrieve the tube.
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

We're sorry-this item is unavailable.

That would be a good reason to not buy it.

BadHairDayologist Empty Pockets's Avatar
    repeated exposure to high sound levels (more than 80 decibels)

Sketchy business practices, weird anti-semitic ownership, product looks and sounds cheap until it breaks. There are like a billion better options.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Professional Scapegoat BloodRose's Avatar

JMP/HBE thnks for posting that clip. never heard of him or that song before. Good message. gonna send it to my girls that are...... Uh... falling for stuff.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

I can only say that every Behringer product I've used has been a disappointment.

Though I still believe there might be some worth the money, I'm not betting any of mine on it.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Have you ever seen that documentary of the finally that tried to only consume items not made in China? It's an eye opener for sure.

Maybe one positive from Covids will be at least a continental self reliance move -to avoid being reliant on most everything in it's finished form from across an ocean -however I do not think it should be at the micro or local level -the population is too big -the environment cannot withstand every county producing their own industrial level waste for every consumers product -we have to have a model of efficiency which requires regionalization -and honestly Americans wouldn't pay for it anyways.
    Actually, if every country would make their share of industrial waste, and production, it would be better for environment as it would be dealt properly.

It's far too easy to ignore pollution, waste and moral issues of ultra cheap labor when it all happens other side of the world.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years