OCD oscillation with Vox 847?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCD oscillation with Vox 847?

So when I use a Crybaby Cantrell or GCB-95 in front of my OCD v1.7(level and drive set anywhere) there is no oscillation or strange noises, when I put my USA Vox v847 (both before true bypass mod and after doing the mod) in front of the OCD I get really bad noises as if the OCD were a fuzz or something.

It starts to happen when the drive knob goes past 11 or 12 o'clock depending where the level is set.

I can max out everything on the OCD with Crybaby in front no problem, and I can stick the Vox in front of all my drive pedals maxed out no problems (not tried the rat yet), but Vox in front of OCD just bad. Also when I turn on or off the vox it makes a beep noise when its in front of the OCD.

Any ideas?

Re: OCD oscillation with Vox 847?

Looking at wah's recently some shootout tests showed some wah has some impedance issue with certain pedals following, like fuzzface etc.
    Fuzzface before no issue, after was a problem with some wah's.
    If this was "that pedal show" channel, to my recollection.

I also saw a comment on Petrucci wah, if I remember correctly, that it was seen to working with following pedals.

I don't remember Vox in particular, just a known problem in some circumstances with some wah's.

Also if in true bypass(with the mod) it should not affect functionality compared to instrument cord. So the mod is fake "true bypass"..
    Last edited by Larioso; 05-07-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I’ve got 4 or 5 wahs, the Vox gives me the most issues. I can’t confirm but I think the Vox is still a true vintage style wah where the Crybaby has an updated buffer that helps a little. A lot of times the True Bypass mod on a Crybaby removes an input buffer as well. Do you have a link to the mod you did on the Vox?

When I got a RMC with this update, it solved all the issues I ever had with wah.

No squealing, getting lost and sounding like a tone control, no tone suck/highs roll off...
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        I’ve got 4 or 5 wahs, the Vox gives me the most issues. I can’t confirm but I think the Vox is still a true vintage style wah where the Crybaby has an updated buffer that helps a little. A lot of times the True Bypass mod on a Crybaby removes an input buffer as well. Do you have a link to the mod you did on the Vox?

When I got a RMC with this update, it solved all the issues I ever had with wah.

No squealing, getting lost and sounding like a tone control, no tone suck/highs roll off...
        Yeah here is a link to the video I followed

Last edited by dsguitar1; 05-09-2020, 10:08 AM. Reason: .

Comment

The wah sound Microphonic, is it time for a new inductor sooner than later?
          Just got

Comment

Does the TB wiring in the video look correct?

Comment

I haven’t had a chance to look yet, I’d imagine it’s correct.

Devastone, have you watched it?

In bypass it’s ok, right? Just when engaged? I’d be curious to see what happens if you put a boss pedal (or any buffer) between the wah and OCD to see if it still happens.
              Last edited by PFDarkside; 05-10-2020, 10:33 AM.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
              X