banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Can Haz Better Amp Toanz With Better Power Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Can Haz Better Amp Toanz With Better Power Cable?

Hey guys, if I use this:

...as my amp power cable, I can haz better toanz?

Disclaimer: The above is meant for parody purposes only.

Re: I Can Haz Better Amp Toanz With Better Power Cable?

saw that link in a post earlier this morning

crazy man
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

If it’s powering a $20,000 Macintosh stereo, I guess all things are relative.

Comment

Not only will your tones be better but those cables will also make your teeth whiter and maintain your septic tank.

Comment

I figured it would be ridiculous but wow.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Not only will your tones be better but those cables will also make your teeth whiter and maintain your septic tank.
          I think what the potential buyer REALLY wants to know is how impressed will their “date” be?

And the answer is probably summed up in this meme:

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
            Hey guys, if I use this:

...as my amp power cable, I can haz better toanz?

Disclaimer: The above is meant for parody purposes only.
            Haha. sometimes I have to deal with stuff like this -from doing a balanced AC power system to esoteric components.

At some point, some people just have money to spend.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Well...that's nothing compared to the price of the rest of the system. Us guitarists get by pretty easy- our accessories are really cheap compared to many people's hobbies. And we can make money from ours! Can you imagine someone stressing about finally hitting the 'buy it now' button on that, and imagining how much better they are going to sound? Man, that's too much pressure.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

..and everybody knows that 230 VAC 50 Hz sounds better - sorry folks, you US and asia citizens have to convert.

Comment

$1749.95.00 sounds about right. Your toan will thank you

Audioquest is my 'go-to' brand for power cables

^^ $49.99...works great with my PS4

(But sounds like shi.t with my amps. Eh, who knows, maybe that extra $1699.96 makes all the difference )
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

For a half million you could construct a modest pole building, erect a stage and furnish it with a 10,000 watt PA and lights and then host live bands for intimate shows/parties.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                      For a half million you could construct a modest pole building, erect a stage and furnish it with a 10,000 watt PA and lights and then host live bands for intimate shows/parties.
                      For half a million you could construct a modest dam and generating station just to power your personal gear. Locally sourced, free range power is significantly better sounding than factory farmed power. Or at least there's just as much evidence for that as there is for using multi thousand dollar audio cables.

:P
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Larioso View Post
                        ..and everybody knows that 230 VAC 50 Hz sounds better - sorry folks, you US and asia citizens have to convert.
                        Shots fired.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                          For half a million you could construct a modest dam and generating station just to power your personal gear. Locally sourced, free range power is significantly better sounding than factory farmed power. Or at least there's just as much evidence for that as there is for using multi thousand dollar audio cables.

:P
                          Free Range power still has some downsides

You should see the transformer upgrades some people are will to pay for balanced AC power. I've only been involved with a couple of studios willing to pay for it.

At the end of the day, the greatest and more cherished recordings were made from slightly cleaned up public grid from coal fired plants and water falling -so I'm not sure anyone other than your narrative on the tour of your place and your wallet will notice much else.

Comment

I say...good for these companies. Separate people from their money, which clearly doesn't mean much to them.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                              How are you going to get Louis Armstrong there?
                              Wasn't he the guy that landed on the moon? Or was that Neil Diamond?
                              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                              X