JB/59 wiring diagram from one volume, one toggle switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB/59 wiring diagram from one volume, one toggle switch

Hello everyone, I'm new and happy to be here at the forum. I'm currently having problems trying to figure out how to make my 3-way toggle switch to work correctly in a Ernie Ball Music Man axis with a Floyd Rose, using a JB TB-4 at the bridge and a 59 at the neck. I can't figure out the wiring in this setup. I have been trying to search for a wiring diagram here online for this particular setup and I cannot locate one. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you

JB/59 wiring diagram from one volume, one toggle switch

Try this

The world's largest selection of free guitar wiring diagrams. Humbucker, Strat, Tele, Bass and more!

Choose humbuckers form the first drop down and then at 3rd drop down scroll down to “2 Hums, 1 vol, 3 way toggle”(or blade, whichever you have)

It’s quite a ways down the list.
    Last edited by Gtrjunior; 05-12-2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Re: JB/59 wiring diagram from one volume, one toggle switch

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of switch is on there? I have a Music Man SUB1, and I am guessing it would be a similar switch, but it has been awhile since I've been underneath the pickguard of mine. You can use the current wiring as a template. The 59 has a braided shield (ground) and the wire in the middle of that goes to the switch. On the JB, the green and bare are ground, and the black goes to the switch. Red & white are connected (soldered) and taped off.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just the make the picture fully complete, the '59 has a 4 conductor version too (that's what came stock with one of my Jacksons). If that is the case, then you treat it exactly like the JB in Mincer's above post.

Comment

Is there a wiring diagram for this setup? That would make the install process so much easier, because I'll know which wire's go to the volume pot and toggle switch. Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2H_3G_1V_1T.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	5819074

Comment

Originally posted by dm91266 View Post
              Is there a wiring diagram for this setup? That would make the install process so much easier, because I'll know which wire's go to the volume pot and toggle switch. Many thanks in advance.
              I opened the door for you in post #2...all you had to do was walk through

Comment

I have the JB bridge pickup wired in successfully as shown in the diagram. the trouble that I am having is with the 59 neck pickup because there is only one wire coming out of the pickup and that's a braided sleeve with the hot wire in the center. I'm trying to figure out if the hot wire goes to the toggle switch or if it goes to the volume pot. I do know that the braided sleeve gets grounded on top of the volume pot. Sorry for the confusion.
                Last edited by dm91266; 05-12-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Please re-read Mincer's post (#3)!

Comment

Originally posted by dm91266 View Post
                    I have the JB bridge pickup wired in successfully as shown in the diagram. the trouble that I am having is with the 59 neck pickup because there is only one wire coming out of the pickup and that's a braided sleeve with the hot wire in the center. I'm trying to figure out if the hot wire goes to the toggle switch or if it goes to the volume pot. I do know that the braided sleeve gets grounded on top of the volume pot. Sorry for the confusion.
                    Hot wire to switch, outer braided wire to ground.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Success at last! Many Thanks to Mincer and everyone! Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                      X