Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new Joyo "nascar" analog delay pedal- just a quick question-

I only got two cables;

so i put the pedal between guitar and amp.

I seem to lose alot of the "intimacy" and tone i get, running directly guitar-amp.

I guess this is a normal thing, because the pedal got input/output buffers, and a different impedances.

But is this typical? Will it be cured, when i get another cable; and put it in the effects loop?

Pedal seems to work fine, solid built, and has a classic analog delay tone.

Thanks,
    -Erl
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Re: Got my new Joyo "nascar" analog delay pedal- just a quick question-

There should be minimal difference between plugging straight into your amp and plugging a single pedal in front of an amp if the pedal is well designed. (By that I mean, has a good buffer, or is true bypass - not half-assed tone sucking bypass).
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well :/ I just "A/B" it - no pedal, or pedal between amp and guitar.

And think I could feel/hear a slight difference.

This might just be my mind playing tricks though.

But the pedal was under half the price, of a "MXR Carbon Copy"- that's said to be the best.

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

if you "think" you hear a difference, then i wouldnt worry about it. i have a carbon copy and i like it but i like duncans vapor trail better, i like the tone of the delays more i guess? i guess its nice to have options

Comment

how long is the second cable

if you have two 20 foot long cables it may make a difference just in that

I can hear a difference in cheaper 20 foot braided no brand cable
          and the Monster or George Ls set I have
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X