Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $35 delay pedal, why not?

Originally posted by TMD
    This is the first I've seen suggestions that being turned off and on is bad for cheap pedals.
    I've had some Cheap Plastic ones where the pivot on the pedal button broke
    also some DOD pedal where the PC board button that did the on/off function failed
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      What's the max delay time? I love analog delays, or early digital mimicking analog. But I love longer times...3-5 seconds.
      My Joyo "Nascar"- 500ms.
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        the plastic bodied "budget" pedals are fine for those that get turned on and left on all the time
        if you are constantly turning one on and off,
        it could be a problem
        Metal casing also become a natural shielding - no problem with picking up interference from other stuff on pedal board or surroundings?

I have EHX Cockfight Plus wah, and it picks up electric fense around here and other things. It has plastic housing.
        Had to go from being connected all the time. Even in bypass it added hum and noise, obviously some kind of cheat.

Comment

I think this one goes to 600 ms so defs not the longer stuff

Comment

Joyo Voodoo Octave and Classic Flanger are some of the sturdiest pedals I've had.

Metal casing is thick enough to drive over with no problem and while modding Voodoo, I had some real trouble trying to slice the pcb. Thing is coated both sides with decent copper (or similar, no wonder they're silent) and thickly glued over. Got through it vice grip and metal saw.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
            X