NAD !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD !!!!

Congrats on the sweet score! I wouldn't trade my short head Mark IV for anything. Just keeps on giving and there are tons of options and textures to explore!

Have fun cranking that baby up, and don't underestimate RHY2. There are some really great tones lurking in there without the GEQ, don't let your ears fool you if it sounds a little wonky at first. In a band context, with or without a boost, pull FAT in and out, it's a great channel.

EEEEEEE Happy for you!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
      Congrats on the sweet score! I wouldn't trade my short head Mark IV for anything. Just keeps on giving and there are tons of options and textures to explore!

Have fun cranking that baby up, and don't underestimate RHY2. There are some really great tones lurking in there without the GEQ, don't let your ears fool you if it sounds a little wonky at first. In a band context, with or without a boost, pull FAT in and out, it's a great channel.

EEEEEEE Happy for you!

Super positive post, one of the best ive ever gotten. Thank you !

Its very exciting getting a new amp & swapping tubes & fiddling with it.

Not many things in life do the same thing for me.

My Dad was an EE in the 1960's & 1970's. He was an Electricians Mate 1st Class {E-6} in the US NAVY in the 1950's. He worked on the Gemini Space Program for McDonnell Spacecraft. He died in 1979. He was passionate about his work & would try to tell me about things in the future. I went to school for Electronics too. It runs in da family.
      Our real last name happens to be Watts also, kinda weird. Im a NAVY Vet also.

this is him @ McDonnell Douglas :

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-14-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        Super positive post, one of the best ive ever gotten. Thank you !

Its very exciting getting a new amp & swapping tubes & fiddling with it.

Not many things in life do the same thing for me.

My Dad was an EE in the 1960's & 1970's. He was an Electricians Mate 1st Class {E-6} in the US NAVY in the 1950's. He worked on the Gemini Space Program for McDonnell Spacecraft. He died in 1979. He was passionate about his work & would try to tell me about things in the future. I went to school for Electronics too. It runs in da family.
        Our real last name happens to be Watts also, kinda weird. Im a NAVY Vet also.

this is him @ McDonnell Douglas :

Awesome that he helped inspire your drive to tweak. That would have been an interesting time to be at the forefront of electrical tech and space program no less. He must have been a great man. and with a name like Watts, sounds like a superhero (Ready Player One, anyone?)

You can apply a scientific exploration to amps for sure, and especially the Mark! When you start fiddling with Pentode vs Triode, Class A vs Simul-Class, and then full vs Tweed power, you've got a ton options, not mention tube swaps. For small/medium live I love running Tweed power, class A, Pentode. Great balance of punch, volume, and natural compression.

Happy trails buddy!

• G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1349.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	5819171Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1350.jpg
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	5819172Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1351.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	5819173Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1346.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	5819174Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1345.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	5819175Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1343.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	5819177

MESA maintenance this morning from top to bottom. Everything including the fan. Got all the crud/dirt/cobwebs out literally.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 05-20-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah baby, take it all off!

I am jealous you have the detachable power cable. Mine on the short head is permanently attached to the underside next to the tranny

• G&L Tribute Comanche

Comment

Never seen so many Vactrols in one amp. The SLO has 3 or 4. This MK IV has like 10 or more.

I heard they stopped making Vactrols.

I have had this amp 2 weeks & no problems. Ive swapped power tubes 4 times & have settled with some older Sovtek 6L6 WXT's & NOS Amperex in the Pre.. I had those WXT's & 3 other quads if 6L6's stashed for 15 years and didn't know it because most of my amps have EL-34's.

With this amp there is no good or bad just different. Extremely well made.

Comment

The inside of those amps, or any Boogie I've seen...is beautiful.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                      X