banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 HB's 1 Vol 1 Tone 3 Way Blade - Do I Need 2 Push Pull Pots 2 Split Both pups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 HB's 1 Vol 1 Tone 3 Way Blade - Do I Need 2 Push Pull Pots 2 Split Both pups?

...because I already bought two. I've seen the diagram on the SD site, but then I saw another on another site and there is only one push/pull pot. First post here and glad that you all are out here. What a great resource. Happy to be a part of your group.

So I'm a little bit apprehensive about the whole wiring the push pull thing. First timer for those pots. I'm putting An SH-14 in bridge and a '59 in the neck of my '83 Ibanez Roadstar ii. Great old L-500 L coming out. Been in since '85 cause that was the pup that Alex Lifeson used

Also, is there any additional possible use of the little On - On toggle that will no longer be used?

Thanks, all! Nice to meet you.
    Last edited by jbsalt; 05-12-2020, 07:30 PM.

Re: 2 HB's 1 Vol 1 Tone 3 Way Blade - Do I Need 2 Push Pull Pots 2 Split Both pups?

Welcome to the forum!

You can use each push pull to split each pickup (if your 59 is a 4 conductor pickup), or use 1 push/pull to split both of them. It depends on how you want things to work.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: 2 HB's 1 Vol 1 Tone 3 Way Blade - Do I Need 2 Push Pull Pots 2 Split Both pups?

Thanks, Mincer. Any use for the extra little toggle already on there? Where you at in TB Area? I grew up at the beach in Bradenton.

Comment

I put a mini switch in all my builds and use it for a tone pot bypass. That way I can set my tone pot to a desired position for most playing and when I want to go into a screaming lead I just flip the switch to totally remove the tone pot from the circuit, then flip it again to go back to "normal" playing tone.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jbsalt View Post
          Thanks, Mincer. Any use for the extra little toggle already on there? Where you at in TB Area? I grew up at the beach in Bradenton.
          I am in a small town called New Port Richey. Awesome place.

As far as the switch...phase? Series/parallel for the neck pickup?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X