banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a deçent 2x12 combo that's not ridiculously priced..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a deçent 2x12 combo that's not ridiculously priced..

Any suggestions? Maybe used, I don't know but I don't want to spend more than $400.

Re: Looking for a deçent 2x12 combo that's not ridiculously priced..

You're asking for a lot for $400. I'd recommend a used Blackstar Artist 30. I paid $500 for mine, plus shipping.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I know I'm asking a lot but it's out there somewhere. Lol
      How so you like the Blackstar? That's one I've been looking at on Reverb & EBAY.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
        I know I'm asking a lot but it's out there somewhere. Lol
        How so you like the Blackstar? That's one I've been looking at on Reverb & EBAY.
        I love it! One of my favorite amps I've ever owned.

I set it for a clean tone and then use my pedals for my overdriven tones.

Liked it so much I bought the Artisan 30 which is sort of the handwired version.

Don't need both amps.

I'd part with the Artist 30 for what I paid for it: $500 and $100 shipping.

Comment

Why 2-12? Just curious. IMHO 2-12s are way too heavy if you have to move it around and don't really buy much over a 1-12, especially with an open back, but, like I said, that is just my old guy opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Why 2-12? Just curious. IMHO 2-12s are way too heavy if you have to move it around and don't really buy much over a 1-12, especially with an open back, but, like I said, that is just my old guy opinion.
            I much prefer the tone of two 12's. Moves more air. Just feels good!

I don't play loud though. My amps are rarely above volume 3 and I set them for a clean tone. I use a Klon or a Dover Drive for solos.

For many, many years I've played through two Deluxe Reverb amps (each with one 12 = two 12's) or through two tweed Deluxes (again, each with one 12 = two 12's).

Full agreement on the weight of a single two 12 tube amp though. They can be heavy. 50 lbs. or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
              I much prefer the tone of two 12's. Moves more air. Just feels good!

I don't play loud though. My amps are rarely above volume 3 and I set them for a clean tone. I use a Klon or a Dover Drive for solos.

For many, many years I've played through two Deluxe Reverb amps (each with one 12 = two 12's) or through two tweed Deluxes (again, each with one 12 = two 12's).

Full agreement on the weight of a single two 12 tube amp though. They can be heavy. 50 lbs. or more.
              This right here.. I can hear & feel the difference.

Comment

I might go as high as $500 if it makes me coffee in the morning or keeps the beer cold too.

Comment

I'd spend more on a 1x12 and then buy an extension cab later. It'll be hard to find a decent 2x12 combo for under 400$.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Used Carvin Belair

the older Legacy amps by Carvin

and they made a MTS version

all 2x12

all not in production anymore
                    all used around $400
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                      Used Carvin Belair

the older Legacy amps by Carvin

and they made a MTS version

all 2x12

all not in production anymore
                      all used around $400
                      I'm looking at the SX200 & 300 series right now.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                        I'm looking at the SX200 & 300 series right now.
                        I've heard good things about these amps. They should go for a good price these days.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

How about a good ole Peavey Classic 50?

edit: I saw a number of used one on GC's website under 500

Comment

Originally posted by CK71 View Post
                            How about a good ole Peavey Classic 50?

edit: I saw a number of used one on GC's website under 500
                            You can beat the hell out of them, too. I like the clean channel more than the drive, but if you have pedals, just use the clean channel.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

+1 for the Peavey Classic 50 2x12. More bang-for-the-buck than almost any combo in its power class. The clean channel is stellar, and the drive channel is very usable, if not perfect.
                              Last edited by guitfiddle; 05-14-2020, 02:44 PM.
                              - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                              Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                              The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
                              X