Ibanez Roadstar II - 920D Custom pickguard wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Roadstar II - 920D Custom pickguard wiring

So my brother-in-law gave me his old '86 Roadstar II which he gutted and put in an Active EMG humbucker. I am not a fan of the tone and started looking at other configurations more true to the original Roadstar II setup.

I saw that 920D Custom has a loaded pickguard for the Roadstar, with a JB Jr in the bridge, Duckbucker in the middle and a Little '59 in the neck, but also has push-pull pots on volume and tone and 7-way switching.
    I have searched and searched as to how this could be wired up H-H-H with two push pull pots and how that would even work, with very little luck. The Series/Parallel versus Coil-Splitting decision is boggling my brain.

SD says the Duckbucker is designed to be wired for parallel but can be Series for a hotter humbucker. Would you even want a hot humbucker in the middle?

So how would this be wired? If a 5 way Super Switch were wired along with the two push-pulls, could this be set up as a Series/Parallel on one pot and Coil-split with the other? How would a 7-way switch be implemented when there is no toggle (they don't make 7-ways, do they?)

I'm very new to this but I understand the wiring diagrams and am not afraid of soldering...I just can't put the whole big picture of how they do this on paper.
Working...
X