Hemp material guitar speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemp material guitar speakers?

I've seen advertisements and aviable for sale- both Eminence and Weber guitar speakers, made out of hemp.

Being a long-time "pot head", this is intriguing.

Anyone tried these?

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Re: Hemp material guitar speakers?

I have had a pair of Cannabis Rex speakers for a few years now and they are smooth, clear, and LOUD. I love them.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

^^ okay

I have an Blackstar HT-20mkII combo, 1x12. With "designed speaker"...

If i get the cash, I'd like to change the speaker to a higher quality one- preferably alnico magnet, hemp material,

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Hemp was used as a fiber for rope, paper, cloth, etc., for millennia (50,000 years ago!)

“In 1937, the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was passed in the United States, levying a tax on anyone who dealt commercially in cannabis, hemp, or marijuana. The passing of the Act to destroy the U.S. hemp industry has been disputed to involve businessmen Andrew Mellon, Randolph Hearst and the Du Pont family.”

This was to push people to use synthetic fibers from DuPont and wood pulp paper from Hearst.

So that’s why we don’t use lots of hemp products today.

It’s always about money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ford manufactured a car out of hemp and resin if my memory serves me right.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

^^ yes!!! Heard that story. They even hit it with a sharp axe, and it didn't made a dent.

I think the hemp plant is God's gift to humanity . \m/

Comment

My choice now, is either a new 1x12" extension cab (with another "specially designed" speaker"- that sounds OK- though not brilliant)-

Or buy an alnico, doped Weber with hemp cone-

Or some pedals, spare strings-

Because soon, I'll be a poor man. For 5 months or so.

just wanted the best tone , before my money's gone.

Comment

The state of Georgia was settled by Europeans because they knew they could make a living growing hemp for ship rope.

Hemp still grows wild near the coast, but I don't if any commercial outfits exist these days that would contribute to your speakers.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Tone is everything. (apart from knowing, my speaker is made by smokeable material) ... "smokin' tone"

I also prefer alnico magnet speakers... Weber can give me it all.. for 200USD.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                    Hemp was used as a fiber for rope, paper, cloth, etc., for millennia (50,000 years ago!)

“In 1937, the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was passed in the United States, levying a tax on anyone who dealt commercially in cannabis, hemp, or marijuana. The passing of the Act to destroy the U.S. hemp industry has been disputed to involve businessmen Andrew Mellon, Randolph Hearst and the Du Pont family.”

This was to push people to use synthetic fibers from DuPont and wood pulp paper from Hearst.

So that’s why we don’t use lots of hemp products today.

It’s always about money.

It's always about cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                      The state of Georgia was settled by Europeans because they knew they could make a living growing hemp for ship rope.

Hemp still grows wild near the coast, but I don't if any commercial outfits exist these days that would contribute to your speakers.
                      Eminence Cannabis Rex.

Comment

^^ what about the Weber hemp speakers?

They also come with alnico magnets, and various "doping"- different wattages, and so on...

Comment

Also, if your driving along in the south or midwest and you see an Hemp farm -don't try smoking it unless you want a bad headache. Hemp for industrial purposes will take you out..
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                            My choice now, is either a new 1x12" extension cab (with another "specially designed" speaker"- that sounds OK- though not brilliant)-

Or buy an alnico, doped Weber with hemp cone-

Or some pedals, spare strings-

Because soon, I'll be a poor man. For 5 months or so.

just wanted the best tone , before my money's gone.
                            Eminence has some great sounding speakers for not a lot of money.
                            I’m putting a pair in my Marshall Code100 combo. The stock speakers aren’t that great.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              Also, if your driving along in the south or midwest and you see an Hemp farm -don't try smoking it unless you want a bad headache. Hemp for industrial purposes will take you out..
                              "Industrial strenght" haha. Okay.

Comment

Working...
                              X