Hemp material guitar speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hemp material guitar speakers?

Ok. Seriously considering ordering an Eminence Cannabis Rex, instead of mathcing 1x12" extenision cab- for my Blackstar

Only thing I'd want more, is an Alnico magnet. Then I'll go for Weber.

Thank you for answers.

(I'll shred up the speaker and smoke it, in case i'm out of cash)
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      I would expect them to seem like a good idea at first, but then be extremely inefficient in practice.
      I can't get my Cocaine Rex speaker to stop clenching their jaw or taking trips to the bathroom for some reason.
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 05-19-2020, 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        I can't get my Cocaine Rex speaker to clenching their jaw or taking trips to the bathroom for some reason.
        But I bet it came with strippers

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
          ^^ what about the Weber hemp speakers?

They also come with alnico magnets, and various "doping"- different wattages, and so on...
          I have a Weber Grey Wolf with a Hemp Cone and Light Doping. It's supposed to be based on a Blue but made more modern and uses a ceramic magnet. To my ears it has the same high end clarity without being harsh. Sounds very open but doesn't loosen up on the low end. I definitely would recommend it for basically any style, it's very versatile.
          sigpic
          Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
          Dunlop Crybaby
          MXR Custom Comp
          GFS Twin Overdrive
          Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
          Blackstar HT-DISTX
          Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

sounds like a great speaker

Comment

I'd not go alnico before trying it out. I did that way back when... Got me a blue into my Blues Jr. and kept that speaker for quite a while. Used it in other cabs as well. Sure clean stuff is really GREAT! So much detail. But the drive/saturated tones sucked big time (according to my prefs). Lacked bass!

In terms of guitar pickups, I am all for alnico. But not speakers, no!

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

^^ I always get enough bass, on overdriven tones :/ I'm more a fan of the "80's" high mid bite and brightness.

And yeah- from what I've heard and learned, alnico speakers got a sweetness that's great for clean work .

(Now I just hope I get rich... so I can buy something). :o
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I'm all for hemp coned speakers if that's the tone you want.

It's not the tone I want though.

Those I've owned were too dull. Not enough "edge" for me.
                  “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
                  X