Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez wood fraud

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Oh, did you think you smell bullsh*t? that's when you know Kant's in the house.
    Fixed that for you.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, did you think you smell bullsh*t? that's when you know Ayn's in the house.
      Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Oh, did you think you smell bullsh*t? that's when you know Kant's in the house.
      These aren't mutually exclusive.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
        Maybe if it's "wholly unrelated to the reality of the useful aspects of the guitar," then they could stop using those relatively meaningless buzzwords to sell their products. It seems to me that guitar players are (1) kept in the dark, (2) blamed for the situation, and (3) denied agency to do anything about it. I am not unsympathetic to the situation of the guitar companies and the factories, but there has to be some balance. If we're expected to let them do whatever they want in regards to building and marketing guitars, maybe we should know a little more about those things. That they're doing.
        Capitalism & nothing else.

Comment

Hints of Ayn?..

Hints of reality in a capitalist market with legal repurcussian

Comment

Hints of Ayn?..

Oh, did you think you smell bullsh*t? that's when you know Ayn's in the house.
            Fixed that for you.

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
            These aren't mutually exclusive.
            Originally posted by solspirit View Post
            Capitalism & nothing else.
            Thank you all for finally doing what it takes to end this thread.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
              Doesn't matter. That just means there's even less reason to lie about what it's made from.
              If everyone understood this.

Comment

Tonewood. Lol

Comment

You said "wood".

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    It was a dog**** guitar, and yet we both sit and kick ourselves for letting it go. Good is good, period.
                    Bad guitars can be exciting, too.

Seems everyone got so excited about wood that the dowel placed inside the strap button hasn't been scrutinized which to me is the biggest point of interest about that cheapo Ibby. Harder to unscrew or tighten than a pentalobe, wtf you gotta be trollin!?

Comment

Seems everyone got so excited about wood that the dowel placed inside the strap button hasn't been scrutinized......
                      We did? When? Who?
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by vinta9e View Post
                        Seems everyone got so excited about wood that the dowel placed inside the strap button hasn't been scrutinized which to me is the biggest point of interest about that cheapo Ibby.
                        OP here: It's a piece of cardboard from the box in which it came. It's lodged firmly in there. Tells you how hard that box hit the ground. There was styrofoam and a bunch of junk for padding, but not near the strap button obviously.

Comment

Ouch!

Still, the bass guitar is a cheapo where all the value was put into making it playable. They used to be made by Cortek under contract so Ibanez didn't even see see it. Still, they typically play well out of the box and excellent after a fret level but I would not recommend this type of a guitar when looking for exquisite woood.

There's wood for cheap mass produced guitars and then there's wood for people who appreciate it. These two sets of buyers typically have few in common. Still among inexpensive guitars, some have a lot of character and are inspiring, can't argue with that. I recommend that you just set up the guitar for best tone and playability and simply enjoy it. The sheer fact of spec discrepancies means that you can sometimes get an unexpectedly perfect piece and/or a combo of super nice selection. When that happens, unicorns squirt rainbows and all sorts of voodoo takes place.

Yeah no offence Goober, just pulling your leg

Comment

As you say, perhaps outsourced to Cortek. Sounds pretty good after adjusting the pups, and it plays great too.

Comment

Originally posted by vinta9e View Post
                              Ouch!

Still, the bass guitar is a cheapo where all the value was put into making it playable. They used to be made by Cortek under contract so Ibanez didn't even see see it. Still, they typically play well out of the box and excellent after a fret level but I would not recommend this type of a guitar when looking for exquisite woood.

There's wood for cheap mass produced guitars and then there's wood for people who appreciate it. These two sets of buyers typically have few in common. Still among inexpensive guitars, some have a lot of character and are inspiring, can't argue with that. I recommend that you just set up the guitar for best tone and playability and simply enjoy it. The sheer fact of spec discrepancies means that you can sometimes get an unexpectedly perfect piece and/or a combo of super nice selection. When that happens, unicorns squirt rainbows and all sorts of voodoo takes place.

Yeah no offence Goober, just pulling your leg
                              Exquisite wood?
                              its an SR300

he's just fussing bout his bottom feeder bass isn't Cork enough to sniff

really I like the SR series and have had several of the 300

had a 250 once, beautiful finish on it,
                              but the fretboard edges weren't rounded and it seemed the neck was wider
                              just seemed like it got yanked off the assembly line early, you know

they play good and sound good
                              ergonomically nice
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

OP is obviously a "Cortek Sniffer"
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X