banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I ask something about the Dimarzio forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask something about the Dimarzio forum?

I've always used both Duncans and also Dimarzios and sometimes I'd like to post on their forum. I've tried numerous times in the last couple years to create an account there and have never received the confirmation email. Tried from my work adress, 2 different personal addresses as well. Does anybody here know about what's going on over there?

Re: Can I ask something about the Dimarzio forum?

Originally posted by Tone-Analyst View Post
    I've always used both Duncans and also Dimarzios and sometimes I'd like to post on their forum. I've tried numerous times in the last couple years to create an account there and have never received the confirmation email. Tried from my work adress, 2 different personal addresses as well. Does anybody here know about what's going on over there?
    Last year, i saw a post or two on that forum saying that it looked it was about to go defunct due to lack of financial support, as I recall.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Out of curiosity, I ended up going over to that forum just now - had not popped over there in months - and found this thread from the admin in January of this year saying to contact him at [email protected] if anyone has any technical difficulties.

FYI: That forum is independent of the actual Dimarzio company, unlike the Seymour Duncan user forums.
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I'd venture to say you'll find as much or more info here about DMZ pups.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That forum has been pretty much a ghost town for years now. I didn't know it was independent of the company - that explains a lot.
          Definitely more info here regarding many DiMarzio models.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

You think Tight Pockets Larry is gonna shell out for a forum?
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Bwahaha! Good one

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Only if he thought he could patent it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                  Only if he thought he could patent it.
                  And it's background colors....

Larry

Comment

Comment

The DiMarzio forum is a good source of information, but it's definitely not active enough. Don't post there and expect to get a useful response within a day or two. Still, it's an archive of useful information, especially for older models that don't get discussed here much.

Sad that DiMarzio hasn't invested in it formally. I'm always worried that the next time I go there, it will have just disappeared.

Comment

I’m a member there but for some reason I haven’t been able to login for a long time now. I enter the correct login info but it doesn’t recognize me.

Comment

Let's hold off on any outright bashing of Larry or his company. There are a lot of places online to do that, and we want to maintain respectful here.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not my intention to bump this thread, but this is the very reason I like the Seymour Duncan forum. Class content and personnel.

Comment

I've been permanently logged in there for years.

It's dead over there for sure, but there is alot of info available via the search function.

IMO dimarzio should sponsor the forum.
                              It cant cost too much to run. Plus the official clout and company connection would most likely push membership and use to SD forum levels. Maybe more since dimarzio does a bunch more OEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X