banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 150/200USD before I'm broke for years. What to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got 150/200USD before I'm broke for years. What to get?

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
    Sorry, been offline for some time.

0,11's-.

I love my Epi Wildkat;

just wanted to ask around if some upgrades were readily aviable or not.

Who told anyone, I didn't like my guitar?

peace
    -Erl
    Cool, I've got boxes of 11s. I'm in Scandanavia in September -Why don't I drop some boxes of 11s in the mail and some picks when there.

-and save you the expense if you've only got 200 to spend for the rest of eternity on gear. It would cost to much to send straight from US.

or buy Momma a gift with the savings
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Apardon my language, but I seem to get the craziest S*** from random dudes online-

everything's okay here, and I won't get upset no matter what people write.

It just makes me wonder, how people can jump to certain conclusions.

ok.

1x12" extension cabinet, for quiet apartment use- will be bought. But after two months of savings.

A volume pedal, might be ordered soon. Aswell as an used EH Octavix fuzz.

A sound card, for my new (3 yo) PC (that Father is giving me as a house warming present- to let me record guitars easiler on Reason. Maybe a Line 6.

But I'll be a poor man for up to 5 years from now... going into a financial "deal" with the government, to pay down my debt. All this while paying expensive house rent, and on welfare.

-Erl
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        Cool, I've got boxes of 11s. I'm in Scandanavia in September -Why don't I drop some boxes of 11s in the mail and some picks when there.

-and save you the expense if you've only got 200 to spend for the rest of eternity on gear. It would cost to much to send straight from US.
        Nice

Will you be close to North Norway? :o

darn the "corona"- I'd love to meet up with a forum bro if possible.

Send me a PM if you want-

Erl
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Nice

Will you be close to North Norway? :o

darn the "corona"- I'd love to meet up with a forum bro if possible.

Send me a PM if you want-

Erl
          I will check where I will be (not actually sure of the concrete stuff other then flying in to Amsterdam and leaving from London)
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

^^ You're welcome to stay, if you get nowhere near Mĺlselv (no mans land, North Norway- far north of the polar circle)

anyways

Rock on

(I use 0,11's because of the fatter tone, and still being able to bend and produce vibrato. 0'9's on the strat's I've had)

Comment

I'm in agreement that the extension cabinet is a bit of a waste if your HT20 is the combo with a speaker already built-in. Get a low-cost amp stand instead and focus the rest of your funds on your recording/playback equipment.

Comment

^^ You're welcome to stay, if you get nowhere near Mĺlselv (no mans land, North Norway- far north of the polar circle)

anyways

Rock on

(I use 0,11's because of the fatter tone, and still being able to bend and produce vibrato. 0'9's on the strat's I've had)
                I have 11s on all my D guitars because I like the sound, the better stability, and I have meat hands

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                  I'm in agreement that the extension cabinet is a bit of a waste if your HT20 is the combo with a speaker already built-in. Get a low-cost amp stand instead and focus the rest of your funds on your recording/playback equipment.
                  too bad. I said I've made my desicion.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    I have 11s on all my D guitars because I like the sound, the better stability, and I have meat hands
                    Went to jazz school, with one guitarist using 0,13's on his ES-335 (broke the headstock right off)- and another using 0,12's. Neither used any vibrato or bends.

I love the easy playing and effortless manipulation of 009's on a good strat. But for this 24,75" half-acoustic EPI- the 0,11's brings me tight bass notes for heavy metal riffing, thick lead notes- all that I want!

Would love to have another baritone or Bass 6 guitar sometime... but now I'm in E- with a capo for higher tunings.

Comment

Went to jazz school, with one guitarist using 0,13's on his ES-335 (broke the headstock right off)- and another using 0,12's. Neither used any vibrato or bends.

I love the easy playing and effortless manipulation of 009's on a good strat. But for this 24,75" half-acoustic EPI- the 0,11's brings me tight bass notes for heavy metal riffing, thick lead notes- all that I want!

Would love to have another baritone or Bass 6 guitar sometime... but now I'm in E- with a capo for higher tunings.
                      I used to play Dean Markley Jazz 12s on everything for a few years in the 90s... lol

Comment

We must not forget many going as far as 013-sets also tune down some.

013 on guitar otherwise is some opressed desire to play bass, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Larioso View Post
                          We must not forget many going as far as 013-sets also tune down some.

013 on guitar otherwise is some opressed desire to play bass, I think.
                          My friend, whose ES-335 headstock broke off- played jazz guitar in straight E tuning.

Comment

My friend, whose ES-335 headstock broke off- played jazz guitar in straight E tuning.
                            Interesting enough I saw a luthier at Wildwood Guitars on YT that had a 335 in that had buzz problems.
                            So he put on 013 set saying
                            - he had buzz problems because he had the wrong string guage

Comment

I broke an $4k 335 headstock in the case

.......with 10s

#gibsonquality

Comment

Originally posted by Larioso View Post
                                Interesting enough I saw a luthier at Wildwood Guitars on YT that had a 335 in that had buzz problems.
                                So he put on 013 set saying
                                - he had buzz problems because he had the wrong string guage

Heard even deeper bullS**** online

Comment

Working...
                                X