banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mooer Pure Boost +20 dB clean boost - more like +2 dB - but not bad dist pedal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooer Pure Boost +20 dB clean boost - more like +2 dB - but not bad dist pedal!

Hi

I was presented with Xotic RC boost in a store some weeks ago, without trying it out being $250.
    So was curious on Mooer which was said to have RC boost in mind as designed.
    And like $50 in price.

So was looking for clean boost to possibly raise sc pups to hb level for pedal board purposes.
    So running clean into a mixer DI(Mackie Onyx 402VLZ) with no overs or anything to really hear if changing tone.

Fully transparent to bypassed to my ears were bass at 9 o'clock, treble at 11 o'clock and volume at 3 o'clock, Gain at zero.
    Now raise anything on gain it breaks up creating a grit - so not clean at all.
    Just Gain at zero, raising volume to 5 o'clock(full) raised level about 2 dB - from bypassed.
    This was the clean boost I got out of it. Not enough to remedy level for Strat sc.

But if to use to create grit of various level before amp - quite nice actually.
    Direct into mixer as is better than most dist pedals that create diode clipping or whatever.
    A TS9 (4 knob super version)I had long ago was way more destroying original signal.

So as dist pedal really nice I would say - as pure boost a joke.
    Blues like breakup - perfect. Would smooth out any other dist as well, I think.

That's it - mini hands on review.

Re: Mooer Pure Boost +20 dB clean boost - more like +2 dB - but not bad dist pedal!

I can't own a pedal with the name "Mooooooooer"

those kind of words gives me the heebie jeebies -I can't help it -nothing personal against Mooooooooer

might as well call the rest of their lineup

• the Moooer Moist Fuzz Pedal
    • the Moooer Phlegm Phlanger
    • the Moooer Mucus Looper
    • the Moooer Rural Reverb
    • the Moooer C*ntpressor
    • the Moooer Slurpy Chorus pedal
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Re: Mooer Pure Boost +20 dB clean boost - more like +2 dB - but not bad dist pedal!

Take a marker pen and draw something else.

Any aversion against Motörhead too?

ĺäöĹÄÖ are last letters in our alphabet....

Comment

Originally posted by Larioso View Post

Take a marker pen and draw something else.

Any aversion against Motörhead too?

ĺäöĹÄÖ are last letters in our alphabet....
        Damn, you -never really thought about Motorhead -because I pronounce it like a American as in Larry, Curly and Moe -terhead.

but if I was a scouser from Liverpool -yeah, I wouldn't be able to talk about Motorhead.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Comment

Are you sure you aren’t overdriving the mixer input?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Are you sure you aren’t overdriving the mixer input?
              Yes, I adjusted so meters always where clean. If I go way up on gain 12 o'clock or further I turned down first level on mixer to be sure. Second level on mixer were on unity gain all the time.

Mixer actually does not sound nice if clipping, classic overs kind of.

I tried first with bass+treble on min - but not transparent then.
              Normal hard attack over strings strumming.

But repeating now both on min does not help. Dist is there.

I also did turn down volume when raising gain to see if internal clipping somehow in output stage - but no, same dist.

Comment

Totally NOT my experience with that pedal. I love it. But - I'm using into the front of an Amp, after a Distortion. Also works great Clean. I'll boost the bejeebers out of my acoustic on unfortunate evenings at rehearsal where I run into a clean Marshall.

Bad pedal or you are doing something wrong. I'm a fan of "not straight into mixer" at the least....
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

those kind of words gives me the heebie jeebies -I can't help it -nothing personal against Mooooooooer

• the Moooer C*ntpressor

I always say it in my head like the fat guy from Oliver Twist . . .

"Please sir, may I have some more?"

"You want Moooooeerrrr?????"
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Larioso, if you just want a clean boost for cheap, get a TS Spark full-size version. I think it might actually be even cheaper than the Mooer.
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    1973 Aria 551
                    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

I really don't like the design of Mooer pedals, but they are undeniably really good.

Enough so that I actually built a miniboard out of them.

Great, easy, grab an go setup with all the effects I might need,
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

For like ~80 dollars with Mooer I have my choice of:

A Keely modded DS1 (Classic or Ultra)
                        A Rat (or Turbo)
                        An MI Crunch Box
                        A Suhr Riot (Classic, Tight, Natural)

That's like freaking 8 Distortion tones from mild to wild for the price of one mid line distortion....
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Which one is the MI Crunch Box clone?

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

• the Moooer C*ntpressor
                            Issues?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              Issues?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X