banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strat alternate jack out - not tilted or edge of body even - does it exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat alternate jack out - not tilted or edge of body even - does it exist?

Hi

Plugs on GeorgeL are shorter than most other types, and become like hidden in cavity for outlet.
    I have to pull in cable which is not good even in short term with these cables.

But angled GeorgeL plug just straight up jack could work not being higher than knobs and run into whammy bar.

Any such kits available for Strat - jack holder plate?

Or outlets like I used on acoustic end pin that have fairly long thread to make a bore in body to the edge or something.
    Did anybody do that?

Thanks.

Strat alternate jack out - not tilted or edge of body even - does it exist?

Unscrew then output jack and reinstall it upside down. So instead of the jack being recessed into the body I it will protrude to the outside of it.
    I know a guy that does this on all of his guitars.
    Last edited by Gtrjunior; 05-20-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Re: Strat alternate jack out - not tilted or edge of body even - does it exist?

Absolutely brilliant, thank you, already fixed in two minutes.

So swapping upside down, where top screw were is now on bottom it tilts nicely up from body downwards.

Comment

no he meant inside out

where the plate
        instead of recessed into the body
        protrudes on top

EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That's how it look on mine, thanks. Excuse if my wording confused "up from body downwards.
          The pointy part were downwards before.

Comment

oh well excuse me
            carry on
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

No need, perfect with the image. Will help anybody picture how it's done.

Comment

Ok.

I thought you could drill a hole in the pickguard, and install a jack w/ washer.

nice tip though,
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Well, I'm glad someone understood what that was all about.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I had traced out the jack cup outer edge on a piece of sheet metal and drilled a hole for a jack which makes the plate nearly flush. (Plug inserts at 90 degree angle of the face of the guitar) Not using it at the moment and don't have a photo of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X