Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel DK24 wiring problem.

Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone of you could pelase help me with a problem I have?
    I have lost my images of my Charvel DK24 wiring when my phone got smashed on the floor, now I can't turn the thing on to see how I am supposed to wire the humbuckers.
    Could anyone of you please tell me how I am supposed to solder the wires so that I can get the following functionality?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pickupswitches.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	5854004

I have made a drawing using MS Paint and Seymour Duncans wiring images to illustrate how the 5 way super switch is soldered when I got it.
    I have also given every wire and spot on the super switch a name just so that I can make it easier for people who take their precious time to explain this to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiringdrawing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	5854005

So I was thinking that in this way someone would have an easier time explaining it, for example RED 1 and WHITE 1 goes to BLUE SIDE 4.
    I have checked the Seymour Duncan 2HB, 1VOL, 1TONE, 5 WAY SUPER SWITCH drawing but the soldering is not like mine is on the image above.
    Thanks a lot to anyone who takes their time to help me figure this thing out.

Rock on!

Re: Charvel DK24 wiring problem.

I found a DiMarzio wiring diagram that looks like it's what you are wanting. You'll have to convert the wire colors.

2hum1vol1tone_ep1112k_0.pdf

Duncan
    Black - North Start
    White - North Finish
    Red - South Finish
    Green - South Start

DiMarzio
    Red - North Start
    Black - North Finish
    White - South Finish
    Green - South Start

Originally posted by DeepPurple View Post
    Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone of you could pelase help me with a problem I have?
    I have lost my images of my Charvel DK24 wiring when my phone got smashed on the floor, now I can't turn the thing on to see how I am supposed to wire the humbuckers.
    Could anyone of you please tell me how I am supposed to solder the wires so that I can get the following functionality?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104956[/ATTACH]

I have made a drawing using MS Paint and Seymour Duncans wiring images to illustrate how the 5 way super switch is soldered when I got it.
    I have also given every wire and spot on the super switch a name just so that I can make it easier for people who take their precious time to explain this to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104957[/ATTACH]

So I was thinking that in this way someone would have an easier time explaining it, for example RED 1 and WHITE 1 goes to BLUE SIDE 4.
    I have checked the Seymour Duncan 2HB, 1VOL, 1TONE, 5 WAY SUPER SWITCH drawing but the soldering is not like mine is on the image above.
    Thanks a lot to anyone who takes their time to help me figure this thing out.

Rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by DMyers77 View Post
      I found a DiMarzio wiring diagram that looks like it's what you are wanting. You'll have to convert the wire colors.

[ATTACH]104959[/ATTACH]

Duncan
      Black - North Start
      White - North Finish
      Red - South Finish
      Green - South Start

DiMarzio
      Red - North Start
      Black - North Finish
      White - South Finish
      Green - South Start
      Hi DMyers77.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have to admit that I am confused as to how this is the same.
      I have 5 ports soldered on the switch on each side.
      For example on the black side, 1, 2 and 3 are soldered together and so is 7 and 8.
      And on the blue side 3, 4 and 5 are soldered to each other and so is 8 and 9, 5 solders in total on each side.
      But on this picture that you linked there is only 3 ports that are soldered on each side.
      Last edited by DeepPurple; 05-20-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

There is more than 1 way to wire up the pickup combinations that you want.

This is my best guess as to how your guitar was wired originally:

Black
        1 - bridge black
        2 - bridge black
        3 - bridge black
        7 - bridge red/white
        8 - bridge red/white

Blue

3 - neck red
        4 - neck red
        5 - neck red
        8 - neck black/green
        9 - neck black/green

Hi DMyers77.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have to admit that I am confused as to how this is the same.
        I have 5 ports soldered on the switch on each side.
        For example on the black side, 1, 2 and 3 are soldered together and so is 7 and 8.
        And on the blue side 3, 4 and 5 are soldered to each other and so is 8 and 9, 5 solders in total on each side.
        But on this picture that you linked there is only 3 ports that are soldered on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by DMyers77 View Post
          There is more than 1 way to wire up the pickup combinations that you want.

This is my best guess as to how your guitar was wired originally:

Black
          1 - bridge black
          2 - bridge black
          3 - bridge black
          7 - bridge red/white
          8 - bridge red/white

Blue

3 - neck red
          4 - neck red
          5 - neck red
          8 - neck black/green
          9 - neck black/green
          Thank you very much good sir.
          I will return when I have tried it out.

Comment

I tried it out but I don't get sound on the 1st and 5th position.
            In the 2nd position I get the bridge pickups, 3rd gives me the bridge and neck, 4th gives me the neck pickup.
            They pass the tapping test and I get sound out of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th position.
            Did I break my switch? To me that seems to be the most logical conclusion or could it be something else?

Edit: I accidently swapped the 2 main cabled that go to the switch that's why it was bonkers, now it works. Thanks a lot man.
            Last edited by DeepPurple; 05-31-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear that you got it working.

I tried it out but I don't get sound on the 1st and 5th position.
              In the 2nd position I get the bridge pickups, 3rd gives me the bridge and neck, 4th gives me the neck pickup.
              They pass the tapping test and I get sound out of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th position.
              Did I break my switch? To me that seems to be the most logical conclusion or could it be something else?

Edit: I accidently swapped the 2 main cabled that go to the switch that's why it was bonkers, now it works. Thanks a lot man.

Comment

Working...
              X