OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

Saw that...Now find the big head for that!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You funny, Ill keep my eye for one and if I see one Ill send your way.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Saw that...Now find the big head for that!
        If that's your price point, you'll be waiting forever. I scored my '88 2555 in black tolex for $550, but that was 20 years ago before anyone really wanted 80s Marshalls. I've seen a few of the reissues going for around $1200-1250, but that's the lowest I've seen. An original in black tolex can be had for $1800-2000, while original silver ones are collector pricing for the most part.

Edit: A guy in Port Saint Lucie has a really clean silver tolex fullstack for $5,250 if you're interested. There's also an '89 2555 in black tolex for $2000 in slightly better cosmetic condition than mine.
        Last edited by dystrust; 05-28-2020, 10:20 AM.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Port St. Lucie you say?

I may have to "negotiate." See if I can turn that into a Head plus 2x12 for the right total price after all is said and done. Deal down, move the big cabs at fast market price, buy 2x12.

Thanks.

Comment

Port St. Lucie you say?

I may have to "negotiate." See if I can turn that into a Head plus 2x12 for the right total price after all is said and done. Deal down, move the big cabs at fast market price, buy 2x12.

Thanks.
            If you're going to buy an original silver Jube, be sure you have a chance to play through it. In '87 they went through four circuit variations and the early ones can be really hit and miss. No one knows for sure, but it's generally accepted that Rev. D started around serial number 3100, though it may be as early as 2700. All of the black Jubilees built in '88 and '89 are Rev. D as are the JCM Slash heads from '96. The 2555X & 2525 are a new circuit designed to emulate the Rev. D original.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Great info!

Comment

Been watching a lot of vids. As mentioned here - a lot of love for the 2525....

I am an old man so that no doubt fuels my desire for the large one. But I do love my Tubemeister 18 around the house...

Comment

When my Frehley Budokan came in, the Sales Manager at Sam Ash was there.

We plugged it into a turned up 2555 and hit Cold Gin. Les Paul > SuperD > 2555 = IRB. The sound and tone was just THAT sound!

*Instand Rock Boner.
                  I don't think guitars in that eponymous album sound anything special. In fact I think it sounds somewhat boring...

Sorry, I guess Kiss is one of those bands you need to see live to get what is that tone people talk about.

For their peers, High Voltage defines perfect Marshall rock tone to me.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                  Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Cheapest ones I have found

Last edited by 80's_Metal; 05-31-2020, 08:59 PM.
                    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                      I don't think guitars in that eponymous album sound anything special. In fact I think it sounds somewhat boring...

Sorry, I guess Kiss is one of those bands you need to see live to get what is that tone people talk about.

For their peers, High Voltage defines perfect Marshall rock tone to me.
                      High voltage is the plexi/greenback tone for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X