Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

  1. #21
    Super Toneologist Liam1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,126

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    I've been looking at both models of the Jubilee, for the full head, I wouldn't be gigging anyplace that would require that amount of sound reinforcement, and I have a DSL100 half stack sitting in my house. The chief engineer at the studio I frequent always raves about two amps, the mini-Jubilee thru a 2X12 with Greenbacks, and a Vox AC30...

  2. #22
    A Ficus ehdwuld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Alabama
    Posts
    10,827

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by Liam1963 View Post
    I've been looking at both models of the Jubilee, for the full head, I wouldn't be gigging anyplace that would require that amount of sound reinforcement, and I have a DSL100 half stack sitting in my house. The chief engineer at the studio I frequent always raves about two amps, the mini-Jubilee thru a 2X12 with Greenbacks, and a Vox AC30...
    VVVVOOOOOOOOXXXXXX
    omg a Vox

    ok I'm sorry
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

  3. #23
    Mojo's Minions Lake Placid Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    100 watt Jube is a nice amp but 4 to 6 on the Master is the sweet spot.

    They need room to run to get the goods.
    6-8 on the master. Jubilees just start getting loud at 6.

  4. #24
    Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Age
    18
    Posts
    9,936

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic View Post
    What will it do that your Stilleto won't?

    Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
    Sound like a Marshall ha ha

  5. #25
    Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Age
    18
    Posts
    9,936

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    The jubes are the **** these days,most owners really speak highly of them.
    Heck even Gary Holt is using one these days.

  6. #26
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,777

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    100 watt Jube is a nice amp but 4 to 6 on the Master is the sweet spot.

    They need room to run to get the goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
    6-8 on the master. Jubilees just start getting loud at 6.
    I'd say that my 2555 starts sounding good at around 2.5 on the output master, and really sounds great from 4-5. Between 5 & 6 it's getting more spongy than I like, and above 6 is too compressed to really be usable. I run the input gain at 7 and the lead master at 8, so maybe that makes a difference, or maybe it's power tubes and bias. Honestly it's academic most of the time as it's rare to find anywhere that'll let me run the 2555 above 2 or so. I haven't had a chance to really crank the 2525H yet, but I can confirm that it also starts sounding pretty good at around 2.5 which is a far more manageable total volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  7. #27
    mild old man perv Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    35,942

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    FInd me this schizz on a deal people!!!!
    Last edited by Aceman; 05-22-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  8. #28
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Jacew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,784

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    There was a year or two ago a ad in classifieds selling two all original silver jubilee full stacks... Next to each other in pictures...

    Not exactly my ideal rig, but man it looked glorious. And cost a small fortune...
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

  9. #29
    mild old man perv Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    35,942

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    I bet it sounded pretty effing awesome too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  10. #30
    Mojo's Minions LLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Evil Volcano Lair
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,669

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    You know it's funny - back in the day when the Silver Jubilee's came out in the late 80's, everyone (Marshall-heads that is) turned their noses up at them.
    Lefty Lounge Lizard's Guitars & Amps Extravaganza



    Fastest ears in the West

    COVID-19: The Moronavirus.

    My Soundcloud

  11. #31
    Super Toneologist Hsb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    The Jubs are either loved or strongly disliked, me personally say why havent you ordered that amp yet? Love my Jub.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

  12. #32
    Super Toneologist
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,492

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    The vintage speakers in the re-issue jubilee cabs are my favorite. The re-issue jubilee head is the quietest 100W Marshall I have.

    The 2x12 cab is only slightly less expensive than the 4x12. I recommend the 2555 and matching 4x12.

  13. #33
    mild old man perv Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    35,942

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by esandes View Post
    The vintage speakers in the re-issue jubilee cabs are my favorite. The re-issue jubilee head is the quietest 100W Marshall I have.

    The 2x12 cab is only slightly less expensive than the 4x12. I recommend the 2555 and matching 4x12.
    I LIKE the attitude here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  14. #34
    mild old man perv Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    35,942

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    Sound like a Marshall ha ha
    My Mesa is the best sounding Marshall they never made!

    There isn't one difference anyone would notice between the crunch channels on this and a real Marshall, except no one would believe the Marshall sounded that good!!

    OK - maybe there are one or two differences. Or even lot of differences. My Stiletto can do anything you Marshall can and more, except sound bad!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  15. #35
    Mojo's Minions Lake Placid Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    I'd say that my 2555 starts sounding good at around 2.5 on the output master, and really sounds great from 4-5. Between 5 & 6 it's getting more spongy than I like, and above 6 is too compressed to really be usable. I run the input gain at 7 and the lead master at 8, so maybe that makes a difference, or maybe it's power tubes and bias. Honestly it's academic most of the time as it's rare to find anywhere that'll let me run the 2555 above 2 or so. I haven't had a chance to really crank the 2525H yet, but I can confirm that it also starts sounding pretty good at around 2.5 which is a far more manageable total volume.
    If you like more power tube compression or less power tube compression your good with a Jube.

  16. #36
    Mojo's Minions Lake Placid Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    I LIKE the attitude here....
    If you can swing the 2555 I say go for it. The only reason I didn't get the 2555x was because I already had a 50 watt, and from experience gigging smaller venues I knew the 20/5 watt version could come in handy.

  17. #37
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,777

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
    If you can swing the 2555 I say go for it. The only reason I didn't get the 2555x was because I already had a 50 watt, and from experience gigging smaller venues I knew the 20/5 watt version could come in handy.
    I wanted a Jubilee lunchbox for years because the 2555 (even through a 2x12) was too loud for most of the places I play. It has a great master and I could run it on 1, but it becomes an outrageously heavy distortion pedal at that point. The 2525 is manageable enough that I can open it up without the sound person complaining at me (too much).
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

  18. #38
    mild old man perv Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    35,942

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    I think the 2555x would be just fine...I never use my Mesa on 100 either
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  19. #39
    Mojo's Minions Lake Placid Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    I think the 2555x would be just fine...I never use my Mesa on 100 either
    Unlike many amps with a 1/2 power triode mode, the triode mode on the big Jubes is a useful sound for some lead tones. Some have described it as a "variac'ed" sound.

    The mini Jube's 5 watt mode is not triode but its power levels are derived from a power scaling method. The mini is pentode in both 20 watt and 5 modes.

    This youtube has been making the rounds today:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZD5BbVtjE

    What he say's about the 100 watt and 50 watt versions of these amps having a bigger bottom is true. It's also true about what he says about the bigger bottom often being irrelevant in a band mix.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Bronze Buzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The Recliner
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

    I may be thinking of the wrong amp, and I'm too lazy to even google it, but didn't the Jubilee have some kind of LED clipping thing going on?

    I'm probably wrong. It happens.
    I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •