OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK - so I want this....[Marshall Content]

The Jubs are either loved or strongly disliked, me personally say why havent you ordered that amp yet? Love my Jub.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

The vintage speakers in the re-issue jubilee cabs are my favorite. The re-issue jubilee head is the quietest 100W Marshall I have.

The 2x12 cab is only slightly less expensive than the 4x12. I recommend the 2555 and matching 4x12.

Comment

Originally posted by esandes View Post
        The vintage speakers in the re-issue jubilee cabs are my favorite. The re-issue jubilee head is the quietest 100W Marshall I have.

The 2x12 cab is only slightly less expensive than the 4x12. I recommend the 2555 and matching 4x12.
        I LIKE the attitude here....
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
          Sound like a Marshall ha ha
          My Mesa is the best sounding Marshall they never made!

There isn't one difference anyone would notice between the crunch channels on this and a real Marshall, except no one would believe the Marshall sounded that good!!

OK - maybe there are one or two differences. Or even lot of differences. My Stiletto can do anything you Marshall can and more, except sound bad!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
            I'd say that my 2555 starts sounding good at around 2.5 on the output master, and really sounds great from 4-5. Between 5 & 6 it's getting more spongy than I like, and above 6 is too compressed to really be usable. I run the input gain at 7 and the lead master at 8, so maybe that makes a difference, or maybe it's power tubes and bias. Honestly it's academic most of the time as it's rare to find anywhere that'll let me run the 2555 above 2 or so. I haven't had a chance to really crank the 2525H yet, but I can confirm that it also starts sounding pretty good at around 2.5 which is a far more manageable total volume.
            If you like more power tube compression or less power tube compression your good with a Jube.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              I LIKE the attitude here....
              If you can swing the 2555 I say go for it. The only reason I didn't get the 2555x was because I already had a 50 watt, and from experience gigging smaller venues I knew the 20/5 watt version could come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
                If you can swing the 2555 I say go for it. The only reason I didn't get the 2555x was because I already had a 50 watt, and from experience gigging smaller venues I knew the 20/5 watt version could come in handy.
                I wanted a Jubilee lunchbox for years because the 2555 (even through a 2x12) was too loud for most of the places I play. It has a great master and I could run it on 1, but it becomes an outrageously heavy distortion pedal at that point. The 2525 is manageable enough that I can open it up without the sound person complaining at me (too much).
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I think the 2555x would be just fine...I never use my Mesa on 100 either

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    I think the 2555x would be just fine...I never use my Mesa on 100 either
                    Unlike many amps with a 1/2 power triode mode, the triode mode on the big Jubes is a useful sound for some lead tones. Some have described it as a "variac'ed" sound.

The mini Jube's 5 watt mode is not triode but its power levels are derived from a power scaling method. The mini is pentode in both 20 watt and 5 modes.

This youtube has been making the rounds today:

Marshall now has 20 Watt Versions of three of their most iconic amp models. This means it's time to compare then and possibly help you make a decision which ...

What he say's about the 100 watt and 50 watt versions of these amps having a bigger bottom is true. It's also true about what he says about the bigger bottom often being irrelevant in a band mix.

Comment

I may be thinking of the wrong amp, and I'm too lazy to even google it, but didn't the Jubilee have some kind of LED clipping thing going on?

I'm probably wrong. It happens.
                      I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze Buzzard View Post
                        I may be thinking of the wrong amp, and I'm too lazy to even google it, but didn't the Jubilee have some kind of LED clipping thing going on?

I'm probably wrong. It happens.
                        Your not wrong. Jubes use LED clipping. But it sounds great.

Comment

When my Frehley Budokan came in, the Sales Manager at Sam Ash was there.

We plugged it into a turned up 2555 and hit Cold Gin. Les Paul > SuperD > 2555 = IRB. The sound and tone was just THAT sound!

*Instand Rock Boner.

Comment

So when is the amp arriving?
                            Jackson Soloist 7 string
                            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

As soon as you guys point me at a decent priced one.

Comment

Whats your definition of decent priced? Theres a used 2525 on Reverb for 850
                                Last edited by Hsb; 05-27-2020, 04:47 PM.
                                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                                ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Working...
                                X