PSA: Good Deal On D'Addario 10-46 Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Good Deal On D'Addario 10-46 Strings

I bought quite a few a couple of weeks ago, and I think they got here in about two days.

2 packs for $6.49

Re: PSA: Good Deal On D'Addario 10-46 Strings

What’s shipping cost like, or do you order up past a threshold to get free shipping?

Comment

That's a pretty good deal. I used to be able to score a 9-42 10-pack on Ebay for $30.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        What’s shipping cost like, or do you order up past a threshold to get free shipping?
        Shipping was free on my recent order. Actually, I don't think I have ever paid shipping from MF.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          Shipping was free on my recent order. Actually, I don't think I have ever paid shipping from MF.
          Killer deal, so it shall be done

Comment

I use one set of D'addario 011's every three months. :o

But I wanna try their "NY XL" specially expensive set, just for fun...

I'll order the cheapest 10-pack I can find. And let it sit with my string cutting tool, somewhere.

(0,11's rock!!)
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
              But I wanna try their "NY XL" specially expensive set, just for fun...
              The NYXL strings are very good. The tension feels a little higher, but they bend really well. You notice the difference.

They are a little darker sounding, as far as the snap you get picking hard. They have a smoother top end from the plain strings.
              And they last forever.

I put a set of .008-.038 on my Parker March 1st. They are still sounding good, and just slightly old.

Another good set is the XP strings. They are brighter (like the XLs) and treated against corrosion. They lasted a couple of months and then I broke a string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Just snagged a few sets.

Comment

I've found the NYXLs to be brighter than the XLs. Not hugely so, but I tend to reach for them when I need to liven up a dark guitar, but don't want to bother with the short life span of an all-steel string.

I don't think they're really worth the extra money, but I still pay it regularly. Haven't tried the .08s, though. Just the 10-46, 9-46, and 9-42.

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                  The NYXL strings are very good. The tension feels a little higher, but they bend really well. You notice the difference.

They are a little darker sounding, as far as the snap you get picking hard. They have a smoother top end from the plain strings.
                  And they last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Working...
                  X