Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which one to choose and why?

Default Re: Which one to choose and why?

Quote Originally Posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Itís the locking tuners and how you thread/wrap them that do most of the work.
    How do you do it?
    With locking tuners Iíve always just pulled the string through and clamped. I thought that was the big benefit to locking vs standard tuners....no?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    How do you do it?
    With locking tuners Iíve always just pulled the string through and clamped. I thought that was the big benefit to locking vs standard tuners....no?
    Yes, no wraps around the post. I even have them on a Brian May guitar, which has a basic Strat bridge, and Iíve done VH dive bombs and pulled it sharp (the bridge floats a bit) and it returned to zero perfectly across all strings. The strings do make a difference also. For example, coated and steel strings stay in tune better than nickel strings IME
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by beaubrummels View Post
    Yes, no wraps around the post. I even have them on a Brian May guitar, which has a basic Strat bridge, and Iíve done VH dive bombs and pulled it sharp (the bridge floats a bit) and it returned to zero perfectly across all strings. The strings do make a difference also. For example, coated and steel strings stay in tune better than nickel strings IME
    Do you find you need to widen the nut slots a bit to allow for string travel (so they donít bind in the nut)?

Ultimate Tone Member BeKindRewind's Avatar

For me that'd be a toss up between the Ibanez and the Jackson, and the main difference I would say between them is the Jackson's 12-16" Compound radius vs. the Ibanez straight 17" radius. I think the compound radius works a little better for me in general, plus I'm infatuated with japanese jackson build quality, so I'm gonna vote for the Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Do you find you need to widen the nut slots a bit to allow for string travel (so they donít bind in the nut)?
    I havenít had to mess with nuts except on Gibsons and Fenders, which donít have locking tuners or Floyd vibratos. YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.