X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which one to choose and why?

Originally posted by Satanhead View Post
    Yes, but are ugly as a foot as well.
    I think this foot is pretty dang good looking....

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      I really like the necks on Charvels. Maybe check out their 2 humbucker 24 fret pro mods.
      I've looked at those and to me they're incomplete: if they have floating tremolo and decent colors, they have only 22 frets; if they have floating tremolo AND 24 frets, they have funny ugly colors; if black AND 24 frets, no floating tremolo...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        No matter what you get, remember: A good set up by a pro should be considered. Pickups are easily replaceable.
        +1 about the set up. But the idea is to have decent pickups right from the start, SD, DiMarzios, Fluence, etc.

Comment

I've looked at those and to me they're incomplete: if they have floating tremolo and decent colors, they have only 22 frets; if they have floating tremolo AND 24 frets, they have funny ugly colors; if black AND 24 frets, no floating tremolo...
          I think you are looking for a dinky pro mod in gloss black:

PRO-MOD DK24 HH 2PT CM

https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/d...-cm/2969411503
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well, there are no good Steinbergers currently being produced, not the paddle ones or the ones with a Strat-type body. The ones now are really cheap versions. Kiesel makes the Vader, though, which looks pretty evil.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Well, there are no good Steinbergers currently being produced, not the paddle ones or the ones with a Strat-type body. The ones now are really cheap versions. Kiesel makes the Vader, though, which looks pretty evil.
              I'd take a Strandberg over a Kiesel if going that route:
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I'd take a Strandberg over a Kiesel if going that route:
                Me too, but I don't like the 24 frets of either.

Comment

I think you are looking for a dinky pro mod in gloss black:

PRO-MOD DK24 HH 2PT CM

https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/d...-cm/2969411503
                  I looked at that one, but I'm not quite sure how the tremolo would hold tuning stability during extreme dive bombing, since the guitar has no locking nut.

Comment

That's why I've been considering Ibanez Prestige so seriously; this particular model looks like the ideal one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104977[/ATTACH]
                    Gorgeous ...that’s a nice fiddle right there

Comment

Dave - we got a Steinberger with a body on CL right now...
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I’d have to see how they all feel and play.

Which neck do you like best? That’s what makes me pick a guitar. I like thin necks like Ibanez. I hate baseball bat necks. Some people love them.

Everything else you can change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Dave - we got a Steinberger with a body on CL right now...
                          Saw it. They want too much.

Comment

I looked at that one, but I'm not quite sure how the tremolo would hold tuning stability during extreme dive bombing, since the guitar has no locking nut.
                            Judging from the comments I have seen in Charvel groups I would very much avoid them for this very reason. They apparently sell well, but I fail to see who the market for this is...

Comment

Charvel is meh. I finally traded my So Cal (with a troublesome neck that won't stay straight and with poking ends) a month ago with an almost brand new 2018 FGN Odyssey. Best decision I ever made in guitar collecting. The dope was so enarmored with the case that he actually threw in an SD Dirty Deeds, a Blackstar HT (the yellow one) and a Boss MultiOvertone pedals to cover just the case.

I have an Ibanez Prestige but not as impressed as I used to be anymore. Get a Schecter, or a Washburn Parallaxe if you can find one.

Comment

A couple of good suggestions have been made already: Ibanez RG, a decent Ibanez S would get you a long way too, but you'll need the later versions, they used to be 22 frets up to a certain year.
                                ESP LTD's are a valid option as well. Jackson Dinky (or Charvel) or Soloist is another option. Depends if you like set-neck or bolt on in the Jackson case.

You may want to check these out as well:
                                Detailed Product Information on Harley Benton Fusion-II HH FR EB FBLB at www.thomann.de

Seems incredible value for money: A Floyd Rose 1000, stainless steel frets, spokewheel trus rod adjustment, Grover machine heads, ... for a price that is incredibly low.
                                They come in a lot of colors, you can choose from ebony, maple and roasted maple fretboards.
                                Seems to offer a lot of what you are after, except the reversed headstock, and for the price they are offered... definitely worth looking into!
                                "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Working...
                                X