What's a really cheap delay pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a really cheap delay pedal?

I'm looking for a super cheap delay pedal.

I want to put it in the effects loop of my SD Deja Vu for some multi-head delay sounds, so I don't care about the switch used (will stay on all the time), or the quality of the bypass (it's only going to impact the sound of delayed notes, and I like kinda degraded sounding delay notes). I'd like the actual delay sound from the pedal to be pretty clean though (the Deja Vu lets me go from a good analog to good digital sounding delay already). Delay times don't have to be super long, probably anything that can do 600 ms or more is fine.

Not sure where to start looking. Ideas?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: What's a really cheap delay pedal?

All the usual suspects, Joyo, Biyang, Behrenger etc.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

just typing in "guitar delay effects pedal" to Amazon
        gets
        Kmise
        Stax
        and Caline under $40
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Dude - just go on eBay and buy the cheapest mini pedal you can find.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Danelectro FAB Delay (the gold one) is surprisingly decent, arguably better than most, and is currently $25 on Amazon.

Comment

I've got Mooer's Reecho, and its sound is not bad for simple analog kinda (slapback) delay... I dunno its price tho.

B
              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Tried a Behringer digital delay one time- to my ears it made everything sound like mush.

Now I have a Joyo "nascar" analog delay- quite cheap still, but top notch sound and quality.

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                  I've got Mooer's Reecho, and its sound is not bad for simple analog kinda (slapback) delay... I dunno its price tho.

B
                  That's my mini-board goto. It's as good as the Ana, or Echolizer, with longer times. Ana echo is good but not cheap

Ana = DM2
                  Echolizer = AD-9
                  Re-echo is digital
                  Reecho is Analog sound, plus "real Echo" and whatever that I never use.

Comment

You can get used delays like Nova Delays for less than $80 now. Pedals like that can go in many directions.
                    I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Comment

Nova is bad@$$

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        That's my mini-board goto. It's as good as the Ana, or Echolizer, with longer times. Ana echo is good but not cheap

Ana = DM2
                        Echolizer = AD-9
                        Re-echo is digital
                        Reecho is Analog sound, plus "real Echo" and whatever that I never use.
                        When I was using mine in a gig, I stepped on it with all my weight!

And now it does not have that mini toggle anymore. Got stuck in analog I think. Sounds good to me.

B

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200526_021332-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	5820667

B

Comment

Well, I'm goin' with Rowin apparently. At 20$ (Canadian), the price was right.

Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

You should have gotten another delay with a loop... Loop-ception. I figure if I get enough pedals all I’ll have to do is hit one note and the pedals will do the rest.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X