Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 v2, RK5 v2, and those Russian guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 v2, RK5 v2, and those Russian guys

I did, and I don't think it is my sound. If I did more hard rock, I'd love it, but there is some compression happening there that I don't like. It makes using the volume knob a little less responsive. If my amp went down at a gig, though, I could absolutely get through the gig with the FR5.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Interesting, I thought it sounded less like stacking preamps that way, but ice cream, etc... I think it would work best as channel switching and a full EQ on the plexi/cali channel, I really like the British pedal, I would definitely go for a Blonde/British channel switching FR.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        Interesting, I thought it sounded less like stacking preamps that way, but ice cream, etc... I think it would work best as channel switching and a full EQ on the plexi/cali channel, I really like the British pedal, I would definitely go for a Blonde/British channel switching FR.
        Yeah, a Blonde/British pedal would be the ticket. The Plexi pedal just doesn't sound that British to me, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          If my amp went down at a gig, though, I could absolutely get through the gig with the FR5.
          I've got one coming to be the backup for my Kemper or in case we want to have a guest join us.

Comment

Looking for the RK5 v1 in front of a Fender Blues Junior IV for my "I want a tube amp but don't need a tube amp"
            Anyone tried an RK5 with Blues Jr IV?

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

I've got one coming to be the backup for my Kemper or in case we want to have a guest join us.
              Awesome! Let me know how you like it!

Comment

Working...
              X